Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Unicorns

Increased chances of weapons and armour breaking when fighting a Unicorn.

Unicorn horn as a fragile but deadly weapon, or ingredient in potent potions or magic.

When we get ridable animals -- a Unicorn mount (double lances!), only ridable by virgins though...

Edit: Wow, there where only 3 posts on this thread when I wrote this...

Edited by trollson

Guest Trojan_Knight

I think tha their has been alot of good ideas displayed. But i dont think antisocial would be one of them due to what was previously stated..

More less for rewards I would think something that isnt currently in game play, an was super rare as discussed before would be great.

EDITED: another good idea for this that just came to me after i clicked to add this to this thread. Would be maybe for rewards possibly recieving for example 10 pp an the horn as discussed before.

As for killing it an getting punished. I would think that for 7 actuall playing days or so. With any/ all levels like food, matter an etc be set to 1. And they dont raise, but could fall if attacked or used , during that duration. That way their alive, but if mother nature gets them, poof, if they fight something or someone , poof back to hell they go and maybe even adding hellspawn to it wouldnt be a bad idea either. Their wouldnt be much anyone could do with those levels set at 1. Except spend alot of time thinking about what they did. Thats just my 2 cents.

peace,

Trojan Knight

Edited by Trojan_Knight

Punishment:

Cut down all skills to 50% and give the next 5 ingame days 10% per day back.

That would be a real punishment :P

Piper

eeeeek, Pip's punishment is t3h ebul!!!

For me thinking of bad things is easier :P , so I will not talk about the reward, but about the punishment.

I think that some kind of curse would be great. It has not to be the same always. We could have for example some amount of random events (so when you kill the unicorn you don't know what is really going to happen).

I like the giannis lightning thing. Being at any random moment it can be very harmfull (unless you plan to leave a full week your game connected without doing anything until the bad thing go away).

But there are another things as well. Being antisocial for 1 day or one weel does not harm anybody. You can just take provisions for that time, then spend a month killing unicorns, and then come back to the normal state. Being mostly the unicorn an high level creature, for sure you will still have some resources to trade with in the market, even if you are antisocial. So that is not a point. And, for the pkable thing... Well, shivar said it before me, He will for sure be willing to kill some unis :P

The permanent level lowering is not acceptable IMO, and anyone above the 50s know what I am talking about.

Another side effect could be the "make pk-able" thing, but combined with a "make n00b-ish" thing. So, when this random curse is cast on you, you are made pkable, and your a/d/p/c would go low a/d to 15 for example and p/c down to 5. As a side effect, this would cause you to lose all the thing that you cant carry (bye bye full plate). Or course this would be only temporal. This could be interpreted as a classic curse in all its glory :P

Another side effect could be to lose any rando branch in your storage. As if a spirit had stolen it. Of course, counting only high level items. For example: all your plates, all your rostos, or your efes, or all your serps... This one could be interpreted as a bad luck curse.

In addiction these two could remove your ability to cast magic and use magic objects (including weapons, meddalions, rings and whatever else I miss) during the duration of the punishment.

My 2 cents. ;)

Edited by m_bee

how about the punishment is when u kill one the next one is stronger.. and stronger... and stronger... etc

how about the punishment is when u kill one the next one is stronger.. and stronger... and stronger... etc

172010[/snapback]

That would be no punishment, but training.

That would be no punishment, but training.

172011[/snapback]

well no, cuz when some1 trains they train on something perfect for their lvl or just a little higher, so making them get stronger would make it so u could not train on them

how about cheap sandpaper? :P

nah, how about if you beat a unicorn you get a new magic sword...like a two-handed great sword one? (make it shiiny blue ;) )

and for killing it you lose 1/4 or 1/2 of your a/d permantly and have to build it back up like you normally do.

edit: spelling

Edited by Doxxie

y'know... I'm almost certain there is karma ingame... harvest for hours on end and the bad stuff happens more and more often... heal people at beam them go harv and you get a bunch of good... thats my experience

just add a LOT of bad to this, like a weeks worth or something

Ok i think unicorns are a great idea but... some of the idea's on rewards and punishments are not so. But i suggest that they aren't extremely strong as only a few could try them and if they are not strong it = more people to suffer the punishment OR you can find them at different levels in different maps. The weaker ones dont drop as good items and dont give as bad a punishment.. the stronger ones drop better items and give worse punishment.

Rewards

1.Unicorn horn/antlers could be used to raise one skill or your choice.(in this case unicorns are rare or only in pk maps.)

2.They drop invisibility cloaks(as someone already said) perfect for pk maps or where high level monsters are.. same kinda idea as monster mag cloak but you cannot be seen ;)

3.Unicorn skin/fur could be used instead of raising a skill they give you X amount of pick points.

4.I really think with the punishments you should always get a rare drop.

Punishments

1.Same as before random lightening strike is cool.(the 3 day mute is good and to me very harsh) :P

2.You get less or 0 exp from a skill which you use the most for 3 (ingame) days aswell. So no-one can cheat.

3.LOL your name changes to something stupid like.. "I_AM_EVIL" or worse but i cant hink of anything.

4.You appear to be naked. Obviously not all the bits and stuff but it would be annoying and extremely funny :P (armour doesn't cover anything but stil has the effect)

So there ya go that is some of my ideas. Hope they make sense :) and maybe they will be used :P

FRoGGie....

Just one thing, Who would acturally want to kill something that will give them a bad curse or something. I for one wouldn't attack one :P

anything that's a set amount of game time is avoidable. just log in and go #afk for a day or three.

any loss of XP would be a real pain, esp if it's in one of the harder skills to advance. could limit it to fight/OA though, since it'll only be the best fighters able to kill it anyway. that may work better.

muting is eeevil. I dun like that. plus for those who don't interact with others much, it's not much of a punishment

being made PKable could work, seeing as how you killed the unicorn, others may want to kill you... but again, since only toughest players kill unicorns, not that many people could take advantage of the PKableness

pickpoint reward may be overkill, but a nice one... maybe the chance to reassign a few PP? that'd make a few people very happy

maybe the spwans shouldn't be limited to one map. so at any one time there are 5 unicorns alive in Seridia. they can randomly spawn in any map (pk/non) except for dungeons/caves.

I think a good punishment is to reduce food and mana lvl to 0 so they can do nothing that requires those and have it last for 5 ingame days. So no healing, manuing, or heavy exp gain in fighting(can't heal yourself).

I think their respawn should be really really high, maybe like 5 or 10 minutes, maybe even more.

172036[/snapback]

How about this, let it random spawn like a joker :P

joker isn't random - about 40 spots he can appear at (10 of them are used most of the time) so is there any way to program it so it randomly picks one of the maps, and then picks a set of x coordinates and y coordinates. again it wouldn't spawn in caves/buildings/dungeons.

Guest skaar
How about this, let it random spawn like a joker :P

172046[/snapback]

this could work if there only spawn 2 or 3 unicorns per ingame day

how about haveing the opposite to blessings. all your skills are brought back to 0 temporarily and slowly creaping back to the normal levels one per minute or slower.

this would provide a great dissadvantage for a period of time and would mean it would be impossible for people to be able to do anything for a fiew hours.

this could also be combined with a temporary 1 day pkable so it would be a punishment as they do not have the usual strength to fight.

Another possible idea would be to temporarily remove the effects of perks/cloaks for a period of time and possibly have a monster attraction so all creatures and animals will swarm towards whoever killed the unicorn for revenge.

Well, maybe having a reputation/karma system in would really subside this (having negative karma can lower your skill abilities while a positive helps them out). Unicorn killing should kill that karma. :P

If you the rewards and punishments for killing a unicorn are going to be so great, then the unicorn needs to be near impossible to beat. Not just a case of attacking, dissing, healing, repeat, something more like..

Heal upto 50% of its total health x amount of times per fight (this gets reset if the attacker uses a dis ring)

If it is attacked by more than one person, it can summon creatures. (nothing too nasty, ogres or trolls for example)

It the attacker starts the fight with a summoned creature, the unicorn automatically summons the same creature. If the player summons a creature during the fight, the unicorn can summon a creature slightly less powerful than the attackers creature.

The unicorn can smite the attackers summoned creatures.

The unicorn would need to be able to distinguish between seperate attackers and summons, because one person could attack with no summons, and another player could not attack but summon a couple of chimeran wolves, for example.

Every time it smites a summoned creature, or summons one of its own, its not able to heal for x amount of seconds.

That should keep the amount of kills down a bit, and would most probably need at least two people to kill it, meaning that if there is a rare drop only one person would get it.. minimizing the amount of rare drops that are introduced into the game.

Rewards.

- A considerable amount of att and def exp

- 1k gold

- Chance of a Unicorn Horn - the essential magic ingredient for making magic swords. All the unicorns should look the same, but drop different types of horn. The size and colour of the horn would determine what type of sword it can be used on, and what type of effect it has (magical, fire, ice, thermal). This means there can be a variety of horns.. making lots of different rewards possible all in one item.

Penalties.

- P/C down to 1 for a week (real time, not in-game time). You get tired fighting these things ya know. :)

- No more monster drops for 1 week including bones, meat and fur.

- You are made pk-able for 1 week. (P/C at 1 means being made pk-able is a punishment)

- If you manage to get the Unicorn's horn (the biggest reward) you get the maximum penalty - You receive all the negative perks and lose all your positive perks. This comes into effect the moment a unicorn horn enters your inventory or storage. The only way to reverse the effect is to drop it, sell it, or use it.

This makes manu'ers essential - a player is not going to want to be pk-able with all the negative perks for any longer than he or she has to be, so the manuers can dictate the price and terms for their services - something that is already being discussed elsewhere on the forums.

Edited by Gunslingers

I like the 'Unicorn' idea it has to be said.. But there's always going to be the problem of what they drop and what happens after.. And it'll be hard to choose them.

They drop:

Unicorn Horn - Good idea.. Maybe have different colors.. Eg; red, blue, gold, silver each being the item to create a magic sword.

Bad things:

Everytime you kill one you go to hell and have 5hp. :) I aint sure about dropping items though :S

Or... *-)

When you kill one you get teleported somwhere..

Well, maybe having a reputation/karma system in would really subside this (having negative karma can lower your skill abilities while a positive helps them out).  Unicorn killing should kill that karma.   :)

172100[/snapback]

Agreed. Instead of making the Penaty a direct result of the Killing of a Unicorn, make it more in-depth and Have all the Negitive effects on your character be a result of it's Karma. Of course, a couple additional Curses can be added on top of that but their effects vary.

This way, we'll have the Karma system, which will affect all player's in such ways depending on their Karma and Then we'll have Additional Curses which work indepentantly of a player's Karma (like you can have a High Karma Level and still be cursed) to cause effects on the player, which is determined by the curse. The Effects of a player's Karma level will be determined of that player's Karma Level and will remain so long as the player stays at the Level be Curses can be either Temporary or Permanent, depending on the Curse and the cause of the Curse. Temporary Curses will fade over time but Permanent Curse will either need to be removed by the player's God (and only if the God looks favorably upon you) or by a NPC (Like a Witchdoctor or Shaman) for the Godless folks, but only for a very large "Donation."

So far, of all the Suggested Punishments, there's some who see any one punishment as too harsh while others who see that same punishment as completely bearable or even a Positive! If we were to include both a Karma system and Curses, then not only can we include many of these suggestions in varying Levels to affect player's in server yet playable way but also expand both to many other aspects of the game instead of just to this perticular Topic. They are many things that will affect your Karma or causes curses in the game, not just killing Unicorns so we should have a System by which to cover all of it instead of going though topics like these to determine the results of each and every Cause and Effect that occurs during the game.

But, I think it'll take a lot of the burden off if we just make Unicorns hard to Catch, not only to Kill. That way, the Punishment Vs. the Rewards isn't nearly as questionable. I mean, if anyone with a very Low Karma or has once attacked a Unicorn aproaches it, the Unicorn should Teleport away. That will keep a player from keep attacking them again and again and still Fits into the Game Role-Playing Aspect. That's another point I find important. Many of the suggestions don't really fit into the game. People have just been Suggesting Punishments that either Harm or Hender a player's (Not character's) ablity to perform in the game or otherwise continue playing "In dispite of the punishment." Most of the Suggestions so far include punishments that require the player to just sit around, waiting until it wears off! That's not right.

Additionally, I don't think should have Unicorns of varying Levels. That would support players training on them. Also, I think the only one and best map to put a unicorn is on the WS Map in Forest of the Fall (or at least the Spawn) and restricting it's Mobility to there and Tirnwood.

Edited by Kami

The problem with being PKable is... if you get a unicorn horn or another good drop or your wearing all your best equip to kill it well your screwed and just lost all that stuff....