Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
giannis

Greece Rules

Yep, we kick ass... first the Euro soccer cup, then the olympics and now first place in the Eurovision contest.... Dudes this was truly a year to remember... GO GREECE..... :(

For all of you out there that wish to be B) Greek B) well what can i say... tough luck....

lol that festival is so noob, they al lvote on there neigours or on sexy girls

Yep, we kick ass... first the Euro soccer cup, then the olympics and now first place in the Eurovision contest.... Dudes this was truly a year to remember... GO GREECE..... :D

163839[/snapback]

Eurovision is one of the most outrageous pieces of kitsch you can see on TV... Take no offence, giannis, but that's hardly something to be proud of. :lol:

I'd be ashamed if England won the Eurovision Song Contest.

Its like a mixture of Eurotrash, the 80's and boy george; all mixed into one...

:P

163942[/snapback]

lol this would mean the netherlands would never win it and italy would be supposed to win all the time, seeing they have the most sexy girls. :)

For all of you out there that wish to be  :)  Greek :) well what can i say... tough luck....

163839[/snapback]

Well,as the heir of Alexander the Great,I can say the same for you Greeks out there.You go on wishing you are ^_^ Macedonian ^_^ ....tough luck for being conquered by my ancestor.... :(

Edited by Mad_Raven

163942[/snapback]

That was the only reason I watched it.. :D

I heard it was a fix anyway, Ireland suxed ! who the fuck were them people doing the singing for us..they were shit anyway :)

ha ha placid boy george, he's a gay retard.. u ever see his flim for come a camelion or something ? ? he fucking were'd make up.. as some wee lad told me..

Edited by MoJo

lol ye the voting is stupid cos they all vote for their neighbours

163955[/snapback]

Nope they don't vote the neighbors they vote for the countries that they thing they have the worst song (minimize the competition).... unfortunatly most of the untalented ppl happen to be "neighbors"

Eurovision is one of the most outrageous pieces of kitsch you can see on TV... Take no offence, giannis, but that's hardly something to be proud of.   :lol:

164089[/snapback]

You are just jellous :P

Well,as the heir of Alexander the Great,I can say the same for you Greeks out there.You go on wishing you are  ^_^ Macedonian ^_^ ....tough luck for being conquered by my ancestor.... B)

164224[/snapback]

I won't dignify that with an answer... on a second thought i will... :D

plz don't turn this on a flame war Raven, i've been to FYROM and i like your People and your country :)

BUT have convinced themselves that they Are Decendants. After the collapse of Yougoslavia a group of Bulgaro-Gypsian people feelt the need to appropriate someone else's history to justify their existence as a nation and a state Their claims are ridiculous.Macedonians were and have always been Greek. The facts are simple and readily available. They follow and are irrefutable:

1) The people of FYROM, are of slavic descent which according to prominent historians/arheologists came to europe from Asia(and by Asia I don't mean China) around 900 AD. Long after Alexander the great

2) The Byzantine Empire treated the people who lived in your teritory as non-Greeks and they were not given the "Special" privilages that they gived to Greeks (But no one complained I guess the notion that you were Macedonians was not fomed yet)

3)Ancient Macedonians Spoke Greek (do you?).

4) Macedonia is a Greek word it means High mountains? what does it mean in your language (nothing?).

5.) Philip (the fatehr of Alexander) has a Greek name it means friend of horses what does Philip mean in your language (nothing?).

6.) Alexander is also a greek name it means He who protects men.

7.) His mother's name Olympia is also Greek and you probably know what it means and where it comes from.

9) Alexander's teacher was Greek the famous philosopher Aristotle.

10) The tomb of King Philippos II was excavated in Vergina, Greece in 1978 and

all the findings were characteristic of the Greek culture and all the inscriptions were written using the Greek language. Among the discoveries of this tomb is the "Vergina sun" the symbol that FYROM attempted to use on its flag initially.

11) Macedonians had the same festivals and worshiped the same Gods as ancient Greeks did.

12) Many macedonias participated in the Olympic Games (and event that was only open to Greeks) ... just to name a few: Theagenes, Tellon, Archelaos, Xenophon, Philip II King of Macedonia, Kliton, Damasias, Lampos, Antigonos,Belestichos

Seleukos,Diephilos

13) Herodotus In his history sais that Pella and the Royal House of Macedonia was founded by the brother of Diomedes the King of Argos who lost his birthright and was forced to leave his kingdom.

Bottom Line: Just because you reside in a Part that once used to be part of Macedonia (a very insignifican part, which you took over in 900 AD by pushing the Greek popoulations that lived there). Does not make you a Descendant of the Macedonians. If it did then the Turks would be Persians, The Isrealis would be Phenecians and last but not least the AMERICANS would be Aztecs, Navajos, apache, Sioux(some of them are but you can spot them out).

Cheers,

EDIT: Typos.

Edited by giannis

FYR Macedonians have as much to do with ancient Hellens as current Greeks. Nothing. Sorry. Contemporary Greeks are a mixture of Hellens, Romans, Turks, Slavs, Bulgars, Macedonians, Persians, and so on and so on. That FYR Macedonia thing is just idiotic and makes Greece look silly.

Edited by Mireille

Ah,but it is no longer FYR Macedonia!It is now called just Macedonia :D.Oh and u have a point Giannis.Ancient Greeks and Macedonians WERE close,but they weren't the same ppl.As far as i'm concerned,i'm the heir and ur not!;)

As far as i'm concerned,i'm the heir and ur not!:D

164651[/snapback]

As far as you are concerned you can believe to be a direct Descendant Hitler. ;) , you are entitled to your beliefs and thats your right. Don't expect ,however,everyone in the world you to start calling you "Der Fuhrer". :)

you said:

have a point Giannis.Ancient Greeks and Macedonians WERE close

164651[/snapback]

If all that I said above only signify "closeness" between ancient GreeKs and Macedonias. I am dying to hear your arguments that demonstrate "identity" between Modern day FYROM and ancient day Macedonia. What evidence do you have that the Macedonians were not Greeks, and that you are one and the same with the House of Vergina?. ;)

Anyhow, If you want to call your selves Macedonia I see no harm to that, After all there is a state in the USA called New MExico and i did not see any Mexicans get offended by that. What bugs me is your fervor/staburnes to prouve that Macedonians were not of Greek origing but some kind of other ethnic group, that somehow ressurected after the fall of the Yugoslav Republic and now wants to stake it's teretory.... sorry i don't buy it. :P.

And just for Fun i will post a quote from Herodotus (Book 9, paragraph 45.2) where Alexander I (not Alexander the Great) , king of Macedonia says:

"... I myself am by ancient descent a Greek, and I would not willingly see Hellas change her freedom for slavery ..."

EDIT: Oh And if you insist saying that you are a descendant of Alexander the Great, FYI Alexander left no living Descendants or heirs to the throne.

Edited by giannis

After all there is a state in the USA called New MExico and i did not see any Mexicans get offended by that.

Half of the people in New Mexico are Mexican or of very close Mexican descent...

EDIT: Oh And if you insist saying that you are a descendant of Alexander the Great, FYI Alexander left no living Descendants or heirs to the throne.

164660[/snapback]

Shhhh.....it's a big plot by the gnomes to fool us all.... :DB) BEWARE OF TEH GNOMES!!!!TEH END IS TEH COMETH!!!!

Shhhh.....it's a big plot by the gnomes to fool us all.... :D  B) BEWARE OF TEH GNOMES!!!!TEH END IS TEH COMETH!!!!

164799[/snapback]

Ahh......... it all makes sence now. :P

Edited by giannis

I've never watch the Eurovision song contest, but i do know that she's born and raised in Sweden.

164870[/snapback]

Who was born and raised in Sweden? ;)

Who was born and raised in Sweden? ;)

164945[/snapback]

The greek chick that won the contest... i think the first time she participated in Eurovision she was with the Sweedish team... but i am not sure.

The greek chick that won the contest... i think the first time she participated in Eurovision she was with the Sweedish team... but i am not sure.

164971[/snapback]

Yeah Elena is from Sweden, what i know she never competed in the contest 4 sweden but she wants 2 tho.