WiseDwarf

Idea about Rostogal Stone and Ring of Power

What is your thoughts?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What is your thoughts?

• Yes, I like the Idea
    • No, I like how it is now
    • I am unsure on my stance and my opinion is listed below

I think that Rings of power should have a chance to break the Rostogal stone when used in battle. This would make Rings of Power more valuable. They are hard to get and if they are used now on someone that has a stone it is wasted. I think they should have about a 50/50 chance to break the stones.

Edited by WiseDwarf

I have the greatest respect for WiseDwarf, but in this matter, I voted for things remains how they are, mainly because I dont do pk, and altough I respect the right of the ones who does it, I will not vote for pkers benefit. (Adranbach). :(

if you don't gp into pk places in the first place, then why would it matter if something like this was in effect? It helps crafters to be able to stay with their mode of trade by being able to sell these rare items (Ring of Power) for more money and more people will desire them. Don't always think of the pkers, think of the economy and the other professions too

Or make people have to choose.

Do I wear a cloak or protect the rest of my gear?

In the "classic EL" we always had to make decisions about what to wear. We only had 6 slots. We could continue that concept there.

This idea is not bad but making rostogals more rare (remove from monster drops - from harvesting only) is better solution.

BTW: if you really want to help us (crafters ^_^) just add more jewerllery, rebalance prices and add npc which will buy rings, meds, etc...

Actually, I think the Stones shouldn't be Harvesting either but rather more special Events entirely. An NPC Like the Joker but Not the Joker.

But the General Idea of the Ring is nice.

And to add more risk to the PK'ers, when a Ring of Power breaks the stone, there should be a small chance the ring is also broken.

And when the ring breaks it should do something like 50% of their max MP in damage to them.

Edited by Ruln

There's a concept of powering up an item, and then overpowering it. You're aimed at overpowering Ruln. :/

I vote yes though. Crafters do need incentive to get back to work.

I voted to leave it. The stone is already rare and can be used only 1 time as is. If there is still a chance it won't work, then it is useless in my opinion. I have a % chance to lose my stuff now, so if carrying a stone STILL gives me a % chance to lose my stuff, then what's the point? It's just my opinion.

They should be MUCH less rare then if they may not even save your stuff.

Daxon, I just figured there should be a downside to the ring. If it has a chance of damaging/killing the person using it when it works then that makes it more fair in my opinion. Otherwise as JohnnyWrath points out it goes a long way towards eliminating the usefulness of the Rostogol without any drawback.

Of course carrying multiple rostogol stones would be a way to mitigate this. First one doesn't work? Fine, the second one will. The other person has two rings of power? Fine, I'll carry three rostogol stones. Which now that I think about it is a pretty good argument against this. It'll just lead to constant escalation with little real impact.

And to add more risk to the PK'ers, when a Ring of Power breaks the stone, there should be a small chance the ring is also broken.

The Ring is vanishes once it is used so it would be gone anyway? what would break it? another RoP?

This is a very interesting idea, but will it lower the value of the rostogol stone?

Not really. It would still give the person a chance to keep their items thus allowing it to keep its value Even if it was only like a 40% chance to break it, it would keep Rostogol price up and raise RoP price dramatically

The stone is already rare

You are kidding me. People get stones like crazy when they harvest. Ask,Chance i think it is, how many he has. There are plenty of stones out there, trust me

Also as i heard from a mod, the rostogol stones were mainly made for helping harvesters to not lose their stuff when being killed harvesting NOT really intended for fighters to pk with and not worry about losing their items. I think Lord_Vermor said that, not positive

Edited by WiseDwarf