Eternal Lands Official Forums

Should Marriage Be An Official Part of Eternal Lands?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should Marriage Be An Official Part of Eternal Lands?

• Yes
    • No

Should marriage be taken into full affect in eternal lands? have a church or temple of some sort, seats, priests, etc.... There could also be like marriage rings or a special marriage cape. Lets not make it too complicated though

or both players could get something for getting married....but it would have to be something that couldnt be sold or traded...and some rule where a character could only get married once if there was a reward.

;)

maybe like a shared storage or something?

:ph34r:

Edited by Doxxie

I think there should be designed better places for a marriage, but instead of just suggesting it, do it.

Create a model of a church/cathedral and submit it to Roja via the Visual Arts Forum.

Marriage is good (in the game :P). And should be a place to officialize the commitment. But not a church! Not all the players are cristians! We need more like a city hall. And to officialize the marrige should need some witnesses. Players witnesses! They should say somthin like We agree with this uninon.

Married players shoul have something like shared HP (!), automatically geting random items from the dead partner, knowing when the other is dead, and maybe the most important is to have some special magic ONLY FOR THE FAMYLIES!!!, or, the existing ones to get stronger when are made by them in a special way (ex: family mode).

Marriage is good (in the game :P). And should be a place to officialize the commitment. But not a church! Not all the players are cristians!

A church or temple doesn't have to be christian, in fact christianity does not exist in EL - there are other gods.

So having some kind of shrine/temple/church which is bigger than the current ones isn't such a bad idea.

As far as marriage 'perks' goes ingame, remember a few things:

1. this is a game

2. being married isn't a thingyou do to get some kind of benefit

3. be careful not to mess up your real life over it.

4. do not confuse ingame marriages with RL marriages

So I do not think that being married should have any ingame effects.

Having rings with you names in them would be nice, but since there cannot be unique items in that way in the game, we will just have to imagine the rings.

Edited by Derin

There are churches in the game already. (Try Desert Pines Defense god or WSC Crafting god safe temples). These churches do not have any afiliation with any real life god - just in game gods (thus the arguement about Christians is null and void).

There is a general meeting hall. (Try WSC, building north of the Crafting God). This building has chairs and even a podium.

Another popular place: Tarsengard Magic School. There's a banquet hall (for post wedding celebration) and a LARGE room at the end of the main hall when walking in for having any ceremony you wish.

In addition there are some great outdoor spots in the game for more Nature like weddings (i.e. along the beach, Forest of the Fall, etc...).

The idea of wedding rings - I do like this one. I think it's fair to say no one deserves any special abilities from such a ring tough. But it becomes difficult to manage. Are both players still playing? How do they get the rings? What if they get divorced? You get the picture. Point being - there would be a lot of programming to make that idea a workable one.

UO has wedding rings... You take a regular ring, take a pile of diamonds, and create a 'wedding ring', and it comes out as an item: ## diamond wedding ring. You can make it really expensive, kinda like a real wedding ring can be, and she can show it off to her friends when you're married. It's also something for crafters, who need a reason to exist in the market glutted with meds and rings already. But nothing 'official'. Let people get married just for the roleplay value of it, not 'get married for tax benefits' or anything like that.

Marriage will NEVER be something official in this game. It will always remain a form of Roleplaying for the player to have any way they want it.

2. being married isn't a thingyou do to get some kind of benefit

It is, when it comes to paying taxes. :blink:

I was talking about in-game effects.

And

Marriage will NEVER be something official in this game. It will always remain a form of Roleplaying for the player to have any way they want it.
I couldn't agree more :) Thank you

This marriage suggestion is not ment for it to go far. I was just trying to put it out there that we should have an EASY OFFICIAL way of getting married to someone in the game. Put a little pep into it ya know.