Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
(Athosino)

Eating Delay

Any books required to eat ?

If so, they might be under biology.

Sorry, you lack the knowledge to eat vegetables.

Noob: I started researching this book "how to eat", but it's not moving.

MoonShadow: You need to have a food level > 0 to research.

Noob: My food level is -30, how do I increase it?

MoonShadow: Eat.

Noob: I get an error about lacking the knowledge.

MoonShadow: You need to read the books "how to eat" and "bread eating" first.

Noob: !?!?!?!?!

lmao

there shall be something like bread that u can eat without any knowledge

...but books for eating would rock :D

sometimes some realistic points can be ignored B) thats my point of view cause i don't want to spend a day game time for eating only ...

yeah but it would be good for both economy and for realistic so.... :D

the books about eating fruits wouldn't be much realistic indeed :P

Great now we'll have to rename Newbie Island to In-Utero Island

...there you must spend 9 months attached to a non-moving object.

At 9 months you're allowed to take the boat "Birth Canal" to Isla Prima...which will have to be remade into a big crib. The animals will all have to be stuffed, and bags poof instantly as they pose a choking hazzard.

Edited by Quinticus

At 9 months you're allowed to take the boat "Birth Canal" to Isla Prima...witch will have to be remade into a big crib. The animals will all have to be stuffed, and bags poof instantly as the pose a choking hazzard.

But you could have a new level of items to manufacture - children's toys!

Lego Bricks, made from gold ore... (a bit expensive, but hey - we're all worth it :D)

Those gizmo's that flash and make noises, made from quartz and other gems!!

great Quinticus =)

yeah its stupid to have all that crap :D

go to rl Athosino when u wanna eat something *g

perhaps there also should be a skill how to put on armors and wiedl weapons ...

or well how to look .. perhaps u should start the game blind .. *rotfl

At 9 months you're allowed to take the boat "Birth Canal" to Isla Prima...which will have to be remade into a big crib. The animals will all have to be stuffed, and bags poof instantly as they pose a choking hazzard.

gah! that reminds me of re-birthing *shudders* scary stuff there

lmao - this is the funniest thread in suggestions forum!

Dentist skill:

Great - one more book to read (or maybe 2) - but a new profession in EL! (I really, really dont want to go to Tankel, so ..)

Negative effect: it will speed up the extinction of holy #beavers! :blink:

Walking skill:

Great, I like the idea watching all newbies crawling over IP in the first 9 months of playing until they have read the book 'walking' and got the 'stand-up-nexus' HRHR

Milking wolves to get milk for chocolate-production:

also great! I would like to see more wolves in VOTD which wont die in the first 2 seconds after their birth. Wolf-fighters have to milk them first

(Will there be a new 'milking-skill'?) *shivers*

All things considered, these suggestions would give a total new look to EL -thx for the good laughs :lol:

BTW, what about making that if ur food lvl is -30 u would DIE (with losing stuff) ?that would solve many problems i think - food would get necessity, not so many players would get power hungry and you could not afk reading cus u would die; unless you would be naked. :D

Terrible idea. I don't know about you, but when I first started this game, I logged in, and had no idea for a long time that I even needed to eat. I wasn't healing cause I had no food, and I know I stayed at -30 for a while before I figured it out, and when I did, I tried to eat raw meat, then I figured I could sell the meat and buy expensive(at the time; remember, I was a complete newbie and didn't know any good ways to make money) bread to get only 10 food in the bar at a time, even killing rabbits to sell the meat and skins was tough, because I had died and hadn't healed any because of the negative food level, sort of a vicious cycle for true newbies.

A more reasonable solution rather than dieing would be for people high enough level to lose items would maybe take one damage per minute when food level hits -30, but I fail to see how this 'solves' any problems. Power hungry already puts a crimp on the ability to 'afk read'(something I also REALLY fail to see as a problem; doing otherstuff while reading is much less realistic* than sitting down somewhere to read a book, and what is the point of saying you have to be at the keyboard watching your food level while passive reading takes place)

* I don't mean to imply that I think this should change; things are fine the way they are. Too much realism is bad for this kind of game IMHO.

BTW, what about making that if ur food lvl is -30 u would DIE (with losing stuff) ?that would solve many problems i think - food would get necessity, not so many players would get power hungry and you could not afk reading cus u would die; unless you would be naked. :D

Terrible idea. I don't know about you, but when I first started this game, I logged in, and had no idea for a long time that I even needed to eat. I wasn't healing cause I had no food, and I know I stayed at -30 for a while before I figured it out, and when I did, I tried to eat raw meat, then I figured I could sell the meat and buy expensive(at the time; remember, I was a complete newbie and didn't know any good ways to make money) bread to get only 10 food in the bar at a time, even killing rabbits to sell the meat and skins was tough, because I had died and hadn't healed any because of the negative food level, sort of a vicious cycle for true newbies.

A more reasonable solution rather than dieing would be for people high enough level to lose items would maybe take one damage per minute when food level hits -30, but I fail to see how this 'solves' any problems. Power hungry already puts a crimp on the ability to 'afk read'(something I also REALLY fail to see as a problem; doing otherstuff while reading is much less realistic* than sitting down somewhere to read a book, and what is the point of saying you have to be at the keyboard watching your food level while passive reading takes place)

* I don't mean to imply that I think this should change; things are fine the way they are. Too much realism is bad for this kind of game IMHO.

This thread is one big spoof on the harvesting updates.

*munch* *munch* *munch* *gulp*

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

*munch* *munch* *munch* *gulp*

Regards.

*digest* *digest* *digest* *drink* *drink* *drink* *driiiink...*

(...)

*throw up*

.....Happy New Year !!!

Insted of Eating, we should have a level called "Fatigue" where you can work, train, research untill your Fatigue Level is 100%, then you cant work, train etc.. untill you sleep in a bed, for rest, or in a Sleeping Bag

really funny thread :lol:

I really like the poisoning idea. why not make fruits/veggies noxius, so that if you eat them quite some time after picking them up, the player gets poisoned for some time. They will last only some time before they get foul.

now this is the dumbest thing i have ever heard, why waste time implementing a stupid chewing level when you could be doing something much more important like making new maps, or monsters......something the rest of us actually want??? you don't fail to eat food when you eat it, and since there is nothing that can rot your teeth then you can eat fine already.

Maybe we should have a living skill instead.

#Message from God: Our newest member is noob_1!

You failed to live.

noob_1[insert death message here.]

You failed to live.

You lived.

You failed to live.

How about evey second you live, you get 1 xp point? :lol:

Insted of Eating, we should have a level called "Fatigue" where you can work, train, research untill your Fatigue Level is 100%, then you cant work, train etc.. untill you sleep in a bed, for rest, or in a Sleeping Bag

Great idea! And we can also get rid of the Poor Man option. (It'll always be on!) And we can get rid of harvesting food and flowers, and we can get rid of the mods! And we can have an automated help system that sends an email to you (3 months after you send your help request, of course) telling you to check the FAQ? EL will be so much better!

Every 10k gold coins: "You died from excess".

Regards.

OMFG Let's make a pointless thread about eating.

Point 1. It's a game, It isn't suppose to be realistic. Do you think people just go out killing each other and wait to give their items back at beam? No.

Guest Enyo

What about eating delay so u would have to wait like 5 seconds till u eat fruit and 3 seconds till u eat vegetable? The delays shall be random and u shan't do anything else while that - or ur food gets destroyed. i think this would be more realistic and harder =]

I love reading old posts but this one was fun so I couldn't resist to respond. :P Eating delay? :P I wonder if this guy is still around to see that a part of his idea was implemented.

Thanks EL for allowing us to express our ideas on this forum even if some of them aren't so great but it does make us feel like we count and are heard and its a nice feeling to participate and interact. Thanks. :blink:

Edited by Enyo

lol talk about bumped.

Yeah it's funny 2 see how things turne up after a while :) if u make a suggestion now and it doesn't get implemented right away just wait and see :P