Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
giannis

Barren Moon

uhh wytter said that the map editor for barren moon will be out in 1-2 weeks

It's really too soon for screenshots - we're currently finishing up the map format, so the map makers can get started, then we need to make the dynamic maps on the server/client work. Perhaps you can get some early SS in a month or so when the website is going up :-)

Actually i'm convinced that EL2 is already in alpha and Entropy and Roja are playing there just so they don't have to deal with the rest of us :P

I'm going to try to connect to all the server's ports to find it :rolleyes:

j/k

Actually i'm convinced that EL2 is already in alpha and Entropy and Roja are playing there just so they don't have to deal with the rest of us :)

I'm going to try to connect to all the server's ports to find it :)

j/k

thats a good idea lol, but i wont im too lazy, they probably have it on another server

AFAIK, its closed beta. So only a select few will be testing :P

Don't give up your hopes yet - might have an open beta afterwards, but it's to be decided as with several other aspects of the game ;-)

AFAIK, its closed beta. So only a select few will be testing :blink:

Don't give up your hopes yet - might have an open beta afterwards, but it's to be decided as with several other aspects of the game ;-)

*puts name for closed beta*

do they need any help in coming up with storyline plots and the like? i'd be glad to offer my assistance! Not getting too much cooperation around here with my story endeavors. (i.e. first editor never edits and gets back, then no one participates in role play). Just want to do my part to help!

It took a little longer than expected, but here's the map editor for Barren Moon. For now, just fool a bit around with it, we'll get a plan for the map making ready soon...

http://www.barrenmoon.com/map_editor_release.zip

Have fun with it. For now, if you find any bugs please post them on Berlios ( http://developer.berlios.de/projects/bmc/ ) or contact either Radu or myself.

We'll have to get a map makers forum up and running soon :)

Here's a short outline on the new lights and other objects:

To set individual object attributes (not something you'd normally have to worry about, we assume defaults otherwise), you'd press ctrl+a and while in 3d mode, select a 3d object (it will become highlighted). Then you can edit the objects individual attributes to whatever you like (for instance, if you want to add an entrable tree, check it).

However these will probably not be needed until I finish the virtual objects editor (that's what you'll use to make buildings/structures that can be added server-side). It's there at least :ph34r:

To work with the new light functions, press the following buttons:

H: (Un)sets the lights halo.

F: (Un)sets the light as flickering

P: (Un)sets the light as pulsating - You cannot have both flickering and pulsating lights

Q: Increases intensity (pulsation)

A: Decreases intensity (pulsation)

W: Increases time interval (pulsation)

S: Decreases time interval (pulsation)

Z: Increases flickering percentage

X: Decreases flickering percentage