Eternal Lands Official Forums
johnlin

Rosa Parks Apartment

She did a great thing that helped move the US in the right way.

She was a woman with a big curage!

213435[/snapback]

Agreed,may she rest in peace.Man she must have witnessed such changes in history!From segragation to now,wow what a diffrence.hmm i wonder what it would be like in 50 or so more years.

hmm i wonder what it would be like in 50 or so more years.

only future will point that out sparhawk :)

213555[/snapback]

My guess is we won't be around to find that out.

only future will point that out sparhawk :D

213555[/snapback]

213599[/snapback]

Depends - 50 years would put some of us only into our 60s or 70s...

...I personally wonder if the world will end before that. :D

I think she is the greatest person in the known world.

SHE IS DEAD . AS OF Monday .  She was 92.

107378[/snapback]

I had never heard of that person until she died.

I think she is the greatest person in the known world.

SHE IS DEAD . AS OF Monday .  She was 92.

107378[/snapback]

I had never heard of that person until she died.

213671[/snapback]

Yeah, she is a bit of American history - how much impact she really made in the world can be debated.

I've heard of the name, in some sort of human rights sort of context, but that was all until this thread

it's quite possible that the changes brought about by people overseas do affect us even if we've never heard of them

:devlish: all she did was refused to give her sit up in a bus to a white man :devlish:

I personaly think you dont really have to look up to her, since the only thing left to do is destroy the stuiped ayeran groups and accept the gay people into are society. :devlish:

:devlish: all she did was refused to give her sit up in a bus to a white man  :devlish:

213694[/snapback]

Racism still may be popular in some (narrow) circles, but racial segregation in my country was NEVER provided for by law.

:devlish: all she did was refused to give her sit up in a bus to a white man  :devlish:

213694[/snapback]

Racism still may be popular in some (narrow) circles, but racial segregation in my country was NEVER provided for by law.

213695[/snapback]

It's a bad mark on my nation's history, yes.

Realize what segregation had its roots in, and I'm certain there are few nations that can claim total innocence.

EDIT: then again, if you look at our history, we were the first world nation to take land in Africa and release an independent nation.

Edited by Arnieman

only future will point that out sparhawk :lipssealed:

213555[/snapback]

213599[/snapback]

Depends - 50 years would put some of us only into our 60s or 70s...

...I personally wonder if the world will end before that. :lurker:

213637[/snapback]

That's what I meant -- we'll have blown each other up, a supervolcano will have erupted, three of the biggest risk NEOs will have struck Earth, all three, something else, or maybe even more things. -_- I probably won't last more than another twenty years, so I'll get off easy. Whatever happens in 50 is beyond me.

:lipssealed: all she did was refused to give her sit up in a bus to a white man  :lurker:

213694[/snapback]

Actually, she did much more than that. In fact as I recall from a biography I read about Rosa Parks, she was tapped from the beginning by such groups as the NAACP to purposely sit in that section and refuse to give up her seat. By giving segregation and racisim a face, that of Rosa Park's, it helped spur support for an entire bus boycott that was highly successful because so many people were inspired by her and others' actions. Even some whites were encouraged to support the black cause because of actually seeing discrimination and racism in action.

Because of the successful bus boycotts, blacks everywhere were inspired to fight for their rights and spurred many other demonstration, boycotts, and marches, despite the dangers they faced. After all, many were brutally murdered, black leaders like Martin Luther King Jr. were assassinated, many more were beaten, threatened, and more. Despite all this, they still carried on and fought for their rights. Eventually they were listened to, mainly through the Civil Rights Act of 1965 and Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas in 1957. but also through other laws and cases on the national, state, and local level.

Though there is still work to be done to ensure equal rights for all despite skin color, much of this may not have been possible without a little old black woman from Montgomery named Rosa Parks. Rest in peace.

Edit- I am doing this all from memory, and it has been quite a few years since I read the biography so forgive my lapses as they occur ^_^

Edited by Kendai

Racial segregation, no.  Religious segregration, YES. :battleaxe_rune:

213748[/snapback]

Yeah, 400 years ago, perhaps. <_< There was religious segregation everywhere at that time. And in Poland we never had religious wars. Poland was an islet of religious tollerance, especially after 1573 (the Warsaw Confederation act, which provided for the freedom of religion).

Edited by Mireille

I ALWAYS find it amusing to find that harmless threads become All out war!

Any way there still is religous and ethnic segragation in many parts of the world.Not all of them are major but it exists.

PS:I always love it to find out the wheels within wheels within wheels etc

ty kendia.

uhm what did she do exactly?

You dont know?Wow lol.During the segregation times in the US(example the whites would get a nice water fountian and the african americans would get a hose etc). One day rosa parks got on a bus and sat down.The bus was filled and she did not want to leave her seat.A white man came and because of the law( jim prowe) she had to give up her seat.Back then the whites hated the africans and they where considered less.In one court case they decided that africans were humans, but not people(ouch!). That is how bad it was.If a white and a black went to court the case would already be done.She refused to give up her seat and that started the boycotting of the buses(not using the busses). She started the revoloition where blacks were equal to whites.