Sign in to follow this  
waldi

Pk-list

im just working on a pk-list patch...

it currently has 2 console commands:

#pk_set <name> ally|enemy|neutral

#pk_list ally|enemy

enemies get their name displayed in red, allies green

im planning to add guilds too...but im not shure how this syntax should look...

1. any ideas for the guild syntax ?

2. would such a patch be accepted (maybe it should be on the server-side with the buddy list) ?

3. any other ideas ?

Not bad idea but IMHO setting neutral flag is dumb people by default are neutral unless you are a meanie.;-)

Regards.

It is not useless Cicero. It is good when there are alot of people on KF and you want easly find a person

and not missclick. When one idiot killed me KF when I was training without armor or weapon and I got

back from hell, grabbed stuff from storage (it was fastest trip from Hell to VOTD which you could ever

see) entered KF, there were like 20 people crowded around and I almost missclicked a friend. ;D

Regards.

If you can't remember who your friends and enemies are, you've got more problems. Might I suggest a pad of sticky notes?

If you can't remember who your friends and enemies are, you've got more problems. Might I suggest a pad of sticky notes?

Maybe if you haven't noticed that picking a particular person in crowd is difficould.

I suggest to appear more offten in VOTD.

Regards.

I'm trying to find a nicer word than "useless", but it's not coming to me.

Maybe he is Canadian Cicero...we all saw how you feel about THOSE types of poeple.

:)

I'm trying to find a nicer word than "useless", but it's not coming to me.

Maybe he is Canadian Cicero...we all saw how you feel about THOSE types of poeple.

:)

(Is a Canadian and thinks there is no reason to accept the patch)....

Btw, wtf would anyone debate to have a patch accepted :D

heh, this is starting to become a bit like the linux kernel ;)

personaly i would love to have this feature but then as part of the buddy list (that we currently have a window for but no content)...

this just the same problem that the quickbar patch thats in the rejected part of the dev site. to have it work nicely there was some serverside support missing...

#pk_set <name> ally|enemy|neutral

#pk_list ally|enemy

im planning to add guilds too...but im not shure how this syntax should look...

#pk_set <guildtag> ally|enemy|neutral

If I can say something: I like every patch, if I can turn on/off its effect in the config file or just don't

use some feature. If someone don't like PK list he can just not set flags for players and he can forget

that something like that exists. :) It is good if people has alot options to choose.

Regards.

Exactly. There's no real reason to exclude this; the main reason is because it would be 'useless'. Feature-rich is better than feature-few. Sorta like bash :).

from what i understand patyna, all people will be set as neutral unless you tell the system otherwise. so if you just igonre the feature then it never is there :ph34r:

as for the guild thing, are guild tags sendt as a seperate message or are they tagged to the name before the string is sent to the client? and if its the latter cant one filter the string to look for the guild tag? i know its cumbersome but its just a thought...

The of the actor is found in actors_list->actor_name. It contains both the name and the guild-tag like this:

[name][space][color_code][guild_tag]

It's quite easy to get the guild-tag - move to the color code and grab the next 4 letters or untill \0 is reached.

Isn't it how Antiroot made his colored patch? It colorize SegV tag only, FIXME if I am wrong.

Regards.

The of the actor is found in actors_list->actor_name. It contains both the name and the guild-tag like this:

[name][space][color_code][guild_tag]

It's quite easy to get the guild-tag - move to the color code and grab the next 4 letters or untill \0 is reached.

hmm, given that there should not be hard to have the code first look for a matching name and if not found go hunting for guild tags...

This patch is definately not useless for people like me. If someone in guild tells me to add someone to my pk list I just try to remember the name and usually that doesn't work... Great idea waldi :o

Isn't it how Antiroot made his colored patch? It colorize SegV tag only, FIXME if I am wrong.

Regards.

Don't know, but that's how mine works...