Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
McMantis

Flee Bug

This flee thing definately exists, ask anyone who trains player vs player. When I talked to you before you said this thing was made by you and wasn't a bug. I find it extremely annoying and would like to know why you have made this thing. So would you please explain the flee thing?

I tried to figure out the reason you made this and the only thing i could think of was that you wanted to discourage pvp training or that you wanted to make it less possible for a high lvl player to afk and another to train on them.

Thanks for describing the problem so clearly to those of us who don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Ent -

your pvp training and you go to flee after 7 rounds but your partner doesn't realize that it's been 7 rounds yet and he isn't fleeing too

when you press home/try to flee by clicking away you don't get a "you failed to flee" message and you don't flee until you tell your partner trys to flee, and that gets very annoying and all of us who pvp train kno it's there

As SKA said, the bug dissapears when your partner starts to flee, however - sometimes BOTH you and your partner gets the bug at the same time, and if you dont have a dis. ring, you will have to wait for the bug to go away, wich can take up to several minutes.

Guest Zeplin

You want video footage? lol

Ill set up a cam and record the screen And my keyboard so it will be proven lol.

Seems kinda excessive tho.

It usually happens when the other player doesnt flee at all and they dont att at all and only you flee/att for the first 3-5 rounds, if you come to a pk map with me I can try to reproduce it.

I'm wondering if it's not specifically a "flee" bug but it's the same bug that causes other server activities to not happen like if you click on a sign or a door you walk where you should but the map transition never happens or if you click on a bag you walk to the bag but it doesn't open. Maybe the server is bailing out before completing the last activity under certain conditions.

Hmm,

I have so far only twice tried fighter training.

First time I spent about an hour fighting another player in the WSC Areana. I dont recall having any trouble fleeing. (He was mostly AFK durring the training. I would PM him when his health was low so he could heal) So I was the only one attempting to flee. After 15 rounds (or when I saw the exp stop going up I would press or hold Home down to flee. I seem to remember seeing the message apear (attempt failed or whatever) and after a couple rounds I would flee. No Problems..

HOWEVER.....

The last training section we did (same opponent) we went to a private corner of a PK map to train. Both of us were online. Both of us many times had problems trying to flee. (We Press or Hold the Home key down to flee, and didn't get the message we were attemping to flee) Sometimes the fight would last 20-30 More rounds with both of us trying to flee, and neither getting attempt messages.

Here is a small section of the chat log where we disccuss the problem we saw.

[PM to XXX: I am having trouble fleeing]

[PM from XXX: me 2]

[PM to XXX: must be lag problems. I press button but dont attempt to flee]

[PM from XXX: yeah same here]

[PM to XXX: ok]

Maybe it only occurs in PK maps, I dont really use the flee method to fight animals or Monster, so dont know if the problem occurs with them.

Later,

GatorJaws

ok ent.. here it goes again

you start pvp training

lets say one person doesn't realize the 14 rounds is up (which now seems to be around 7 rounds) when you stop getting xp

so you press the home button like usual.. your character shows no sign of fleeing (stops throwing punches and leans back and just takes hits) and you get no "you fail to flee" message.. so then after about 10 wasted rounds you say to your partner "flee !" and they too press home, after they start to flee the message appears and after a couple rounds one of you flee and it starts over - and a couple rounds later the same thing happens.. very annoying

We have tried every way to flee possible but none of them work when you have the flee bug, although dissengage rings work but that would be expensive to use while training.

The pattern seems to vary but most of the time if one player does nothing at all and you are the one fleeing and attacking, after about 3 or 4 rounds you can no longer flee and your partner has to flee or you have to use a diss ring.

If you wish to Ent, log on sometime when I am on and ill try and demonstrate the bug for you.

Guest fgau3000

Same for me, but it seems different from one pk map to another.

In KF, i got this bug often, in Tirnym i almost never got it (but my partner do) as well as in wsc arena.

Ent, make a char with our levels and come to KF and you'll see it yourself...? It won't take more than 5 minutes of your time