Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

3d objects directory changes in client

Hi,

Can someone please update all of the /3dobject/ directories in the cvs? Basically all of the old 3dobjects SUB directories are now deleted, making it so that ALL 3d objects are now in just /3dobjects/... so all the special items pointed to in the client code need to have their directories changed. (the e3d's such as the bags, portals, etc)

/3dobjects/ground_objs/ --> /3dobjects/

/3dobjects/interiors/ --> /3dobjects/

/3dobjects/misc_objects/ --> /3dobjects/

/3dobjects/rocks/ --> /3dobjects/

/3dobjects/ruins/ --> /3dobjects/

/3dobjects/structures/ --> /3dobjects/

/3dobjects/trees/ --> /3dobjects/

/3dobjects/weapons/ --> /3dobjects/

*I think it's probably just the /misc_objects/ sub directory that's in the client code, but always best to be thorough just in case :medieval:

Hi,

Can someone please update all of the /3dobject/ directories in the cvs? Basically all of the old 3dobjects SUB directories are now deleted, making it so that ALL 3d objects are now in just /3dobjects/... so all the special items pointed to in the client code need to have their directories changed. (the e3d's such as the bags, portals, etc)

/3dobjects/ground_objs/ --> /3dobjects/

/3dobjects/interiors/ --> /3dobjects/

/3dobjects/misc_objects/ --> /3dobjects/

/3dobjects/rocks/ --> /3dobjects/

/3dobjects/ruins/ --> /3dobjects/

/3dobjects/structures/ --> /3dobjects/

/3dobjects/trees/ --> /3dobjects/

/3dobjects/weapons/ --> /3dobjects/

*I think it's probably just the /misc_objects/ sub directory that's in the client code, but always best to be thorough just in case :P

I've committed this change to CVS but #defined it using OLD_MISC_OBJ_DIR. OLD_MISC_OBJ_DIR is defined by default keeping the old behaviour for now. To use the paths as you specified, comment out the OLD_MISC_OBJ_DIR feature in make.defaults. Hope this method is OK with you.

I'm sorry, looks like I forgot a directory, also need to change:

/3dobjects/weapon

/tiles/ ----> /3dobjects/

and .bmp needs to change to .dds for all the special objects called in these directory changes...probably going to be all throughout the code too, since we're switching over to .dds.

I'm sorry, looks like I forgot a directory, also need to change:

/3dobjects/weapon

/tiles/ ----> /3dobjects/

and .bmp needs to change to .dds for all the special objects called in these directory changes...probably going to be all throughout the code too, since we're switching over to .dds.

I've changed "/tiles/ ----> /3dobjects/" but can find any occurrence of "/3dobjects/weapon" in the code. The only occurrence of .bmp files in "/3dobjects/" was the tiles which I've changed to .dds. There are lots of .bmp files specified in the ./textures directory but I presume these are not changing. If I've understood this OK, I'll commit the change.

Discussed via forum PM: Change committed to CVS.

Edited by bluap

Roja, did you see my question about your glAlphaFunc() change. If the new alpha setting is only used/needed with new graphics directories, we can keep both old and new alpha settings by using the same #def as used here.

If this is OK, I'll commit it to CVS.