Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Banshen

cant flee sometimes

i have noticed when ive been training with other characters that after a while we both trying to flee and the characters are still hitting each other. normally when i hit flee and fail i get the message that says "you have failed to flee" and when im hitting flee and getting this message my character sort of freezes and doesnt attack but if i let it go for a while and hit flee it seems that my character doesnt freeze and i dont get the message anymore and i still keep fighting.

i have spoken to a few people about this and same thing happens to them and i didnt know if this is a ligitimate bug in game or if thats just a game feature.

It's what's affectionately known as the flee bug. It does exist, but whether it's an actual bug or not is up for debate.

last i knew, the devs didn't believe it exists, of course all fighters know it does :bow_arrow:

186470[/snapback]

maybe devs just like it being there >_>

(FWIW, I think it's a pathfinder bug, not stopping when you get attacked, because it's when you get attacked en-route that this happens, never if you started the fight or were stationary)

maybe devs just like it being there >_>

(FWIW, I think it's a pathfinder bug, not stopping when you get attacked, because it's when you get attacked en-route that this happens, never if you started the fight or were stationary)

186474[/snapback]

I think you are talking about something else, I had this happen all the time, whether it be training on creatures or training pvp. And I was the one who either initiated the attack(monster) or was standing stationary (pvp).

I belive its related to a counter-attack feature, Seems that you have a chance to counter attack someone elses hit/punch, And that this can cycle, If it was calculated before the flee, Then it may overrule it, And show no feedback.

Probably why When ent was told about it, So many times before, He ignored people lol.

As its a feature not a bug.

Edited by Zep

I think you are talking about something else,

186475[/snapback]

woah, yeah, i must be more tired than i thought :omg:

although... i've seen the flee not being attempted more during those auto-walk issues than otherwise. so it could be linked <_<

Probably why When ent was told about it, So many times before, He ignored people lol.

186479[/snapback]

One man's feature is another man's bug :omg:

it wouldnt be a huge problem if when you pushed the flee button you stopped attacking completley and attempted to flee. the problem is when you stop getting experience and your hitting flee and your still attacking. so maybe the bug itself is in the flee feature rather then the flee getting"stuck". is that whats supposed to happen when you flee(keep attacking)? or are you supposed to stop attacking completly and flee? because if its the latter then there is a bug :confused:

Edited by Banshen

i have expereinced this as well. up to 30 attempt to flee while being hit and getting no experience for it....... cycs are the worst because you have ot flee or you stop getting experience.

so is it going to be looked at? it just doesnt seem like anyones come forth and said they will change it yet people are all in agreeance that theres a proble with fleeing whatever it may be.

k i have realized tht 2 years later this bug still exist ..im having a "expensive" time with my partner we cant flee so we have 2 use diss rings :o and this happens only when i pvp it doesnt happen when i fight monsters

does any 1 know any other way 2 flee besides clicking out home or diss ring?

~lego

I think this probably covers it. If Ent doesn't want it changed, it's not going to change.

k i have realized tht 2 years later this bug still exist ..im having a "expensive" time with my partner we cant flee so we have 2 use diss rings :omg: and this happens only when i pvp it doesnt happen when i fight monsters

does any 1 know any other way 2 flee besides clicking out home or diss ring?

~lego

Clikc 2 steps away from your pvp partner.

Yes, I experienced this bug as well. It never happens during training with monsters, but very often at pvp. The "flee curse" usually strucks one person, the other has no problems with fleeing.

Having 30+ "you failed to flee" messages is nothing special, it happens to me as well. The problem is when you try to flee (both home button and clicking away) and NOTHING happens - no messages, no change in animation (normally when you try to flee your character "freezes" and stops attacking) - and you can't flee at all.

For me casting heal (not restore) seems to help - sometimes a few tries are needed.

Edited by Lotheneil

My opinion on this :

Its a feature that makes afk/macro pvping way harder, and im glad it is like that :>

If both players who pvp r not afking and trying to flee they can flee easly ;)

mp