Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Derin

Harvest And Teleports

just go ahead and state it kami. i dont care either way. to many people in here is calling people things as it is...

i didnt say it should be illegal to use the bags and a secondary storage, but if you do so then dont complain if you get teleported.

as for being teleported while doing mass harvesting. last time i checked, useing the ground as a dumping point for when you harvest is bordering on a fellony as it can be a way to script 24/7 harvesting so that your exp never stops growing. harvest until full, dump all on ground, repeat until hitting exp barrier, wait one hour, start over. this is one reason why harvesting, while it looked nice at first, should not have become a skill of its own but rather a available ability for all as its a exp source unlike anything else in the game...

I started a discussion with the other devs about changing or removing the teleport events.

Thank you Cicero!

Exactly the kind of answer I was looking for!

I have faith in you and the dev team :P

just go ahead and state it kami. i dont care either way. to many people in here is calling people things as it is...

i didnt say it should be illegal to use the bags and a secondary storage, but if you do so then dont complain if you get teleported.

as for being teleported while doing mass harvesting. last time i checked, useing the ground as a dumping point for when you harvest is bordering on a fellony as it can be a way to script 24/7 harvesting so that your exp never stops growing. harvest until full, dump all on ground, repeat until hitting exp barrier, wait one hour, start over. this is one reason why harvesting, while it looked nice at first, should not have become a skill of its own but rather a available ability for all as its a exp source unlike anything else in the game...

You're Right! Too many People do seam to be flinging Names around too much as it is. Of course, I won't be one of those people. Are you?

Anyway, Let me get this straight. It shouldn't be Illegal but it's a Border-line Fellony to use Bags as Storage?

Also, What you're talking about there with using Scripts is Macroing. That is a completely different subject then just dropping stuff while you do something else. I'm beginning to think that you've got it into your head that anybody who sits on a bag while working is Macroing!

And yes, Macroing is Illegal but there really is no point in bringing Macroing into this discussion. Currently, because of the new Harvesting System, Macroing is pointless since if a Player wanted to do a harvest and drop, there's nothing to stop them and the Teleport events at pointless since they don't effect them one little bit since they know that aren't going to get anything and weren't planning on it.

I mean, I can go into CC right now and start harvesting Silver until I'm full, Drop it and start harvesting some more without ever using a Script or without ever leaving my computer and I would still benefit exactly what I intended to do even if I do get Teleported! So long as I didn't intend on keeping what I harvested, It worked out for me perfectly! So the Teleport Events don't hurt me since, so long as it's only the Exp that I'm interest, I can start again with no loss at all. So Teleport Events don't hurt Macroers at all but only hurts those who do intend on Harvesting honestly and productively.

You see, I agree with you on one point. Harvesting should have never been the Root Skill on which this game is based on but it is now and to change that would require a massive rewrite of almost the entire game and, although it may not be a bad idea, I seriously doubt the Devs are going to do that now!

just because cicero started a discussion doesn't mean it will change :)

mostly the changes in the game happen by two ways:

1.everyone gets pissed off and leaves

2.everyone bitches and it gets fixed

^^might be different now, but i doubt it.

random teleports would be fine if it was nearby, and random deaths.. who the hell thought of that??? *cocks shotgun*

you cannot get money killing things, and all other skills have something to do with harvesting, i don't see how this makes any damn sense to randomly kill people for harvesting a peice of fruit.

i agree the teleporting is dangerous and not needed. Since if you get hit with random events ull die eventually anyway. why not make a random event that says ____ stopped harvesting because he or she got tired and must rest for a minute. Wait for a minute start harvesting again. Also this could happen as much as the teleporting.

in my view a bag should be removed a set time after it was first created. not a set time after the last item was dropped in it. that way they are no longer usefull as a storage device...

lol first off you have to see how dumb this is. There are many that are smart enough to realize that *if* this was to be implemented, they could simply pick everything up, removing the bag, and drop everything again, creating a new bag. BOOM 12 more minutes.

Besides the fact that it would be easy to get around, there is nothing wrong with the 12 min from last drop bag. The programmers have better things to spend thier time on, like improving the game instead of trying to fix something that isn't even broken.

I know it wasn't a big deal in particular, just making a point to watch what you suggest for the game. If anyone takes it seriously it could cost the rest of us development time that could have been put into something useful, like a toggle harvesting for instance. take your pick.

just because cicero started a discussion doesn't mean it will change :huh:

No, but since the other devs are agreeing with me, it means it probably will change.

Make wall collapse and teleport (one map, small range for example particular mine) be toghether.

Cavern wall Collapsed on Cicero

Cicero manages to quickly jump and avoid being injured.

So you are few steps from the bag or near cavern entrance since you tried to run as far as possible.

If you didn't managed to escape your are in same place but you loose HP.

ROTFL. ;-]

Anyway I'f prefer teleport to be removed.

Erikas: Hmz, 49 of alchemy is not so high. You could reach alot more faster if you'd actually use bags. :-P

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

I'm almost alch level 72 and never have used a bag once... i do not see the need for them.

Make wall collapse and teleport (one map, small range for example particular mine) be toghether.

Cavern wall Collapsed on Cicero

Cicero manages to quickly jump and avoid being injured.

?!

Have you been reading our top secret forum! teh banned 0n3na is a h@x0r!!!

Seriously though, that is exactly what I was planning on.

Hey, Sherlock, I am EVIL, evil includes LAZY as well, you should know it better since your are a programmer.

Regards.

Erikas: Hmz, 49 of alchemy is not so high. You could reach alot more faster if you'd actually use bags. :-P

I simply not playing much time. :-)

BTW, how it could be much faster? Look, anyway, you can't carry more, than your carry load, isn't it? So, if you are doing something in cave (for example, alxeming bars or some of essences - to take such huge amount of hard weidth ore in storage and then everything make here is simply inneficient), you can take only those amount of food and materials, you could use here. And, in this case, what use for bags? Just keep some of materials here, to mine more ore per one time? Anyway, you'll need the same amount of ore for all of your materials, you taked in cave with you. :-) The same with Raven storage. Of source, there is very very little economy - you don't need to left small free space in your inventory for materials, you are gona harvest or take for using from storage. But it almost means nothing. :-)