Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
(Athosino)

Linux El Installer

why not use autopackage?

http://autopackage.org/

it's really good, but we need something working on ALL distors and also working without X

Erm, why without X?

do u usally run root in X?

Do you usually run game installers as root? :P

Loki installer based games install perfectly as a normal user, you just need to make sure the user running the installer is the owner of the directory to install in (e.g. chown leeloo.users /usr/local/games/ut2004).

why not use autopackage?

it's really good, but we need something working on ALL distors and also working without X

Erm, why without X?

Do you usually run game installers as root? :P

Loki installer based games install perfectly as a normal user, you just need to make sure the user running the installer is the owner of the directory to install in (e.g. chown leeloo.users /usr/local/games/ut2004).

yeah but read the script... it makes file in /usr/bin that executes EL... it's USEFUL

I was planning on making an installer based on the Loki one, but I forgot about it when I started working on the ebuild :D

Maybe I'll come back to it.

err, last time i checked, autopackage had the ability to install under console to. atleast there is a screenshot of a console install in action...

and from what i understand its designed to work on as many distros as they can manage to have it work on. therefor they are makeing it very selfcontained...

why not use autopackage?

Erm, why without X?

Do you usually run game installers as root? :)

yeah but read the script... it makes file in /usr/bin that executes EL... it's USEFUL

yeah and also it FORCES user to read licence (in version 0.3 u will have to press enter to read another point of license), so it's USEFUL... yeah and BTW I think this is OK, no autopackage needed

I was planning on making an installer based on the Loki one, but I forgot about it when I started working on the ebuild  :P

Where is teh ebuild? Would be damn handy ;)

Edited by Placid

I was planning on making an installer based on the Loki one, but I forgot about it when I started working on the ebuild  :P

Where is teh ebuild? Would be damn handy ;)

If you're using Gentoo, it's games-rpg/eternal-lands

Errr...

cat /usr/portage/games-rpg/eternal-lands/eternal-lands-1.0.0.ebuild

Has been in there for some months now...