Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wolf_Lord

New Update Rokcs!

Okay everyone in the Developement Team, just wanted to say I love the new update, I really do. Been working at the information and seems FE prices will drop while everything else goes up... perfect balance and exceptable outcomes. Now the bad news is

SINCE I LIKE IT, IT's GONNA GET Changed anyway that's what always happens.

I Really hope that you don't change the new system, finaly you have a new way to balance out the market and the game in general. I know you all put a lot of hard work and thought into this, please don't change it. I'm going back to harvestig silver, it only takes about 15 minutes for 350 silver ore, I think that's not to bad. I know other's are gonna complain,boycott, flame compalin and such, but please don't get rid of this idea. I truely belive it will all work out.

NeoSeS

PS I'm saving this post to my offline webpages, don't delete I'll just repost it.

Try titanium ore and gems. And essences prices will not drop it will go up bady. You will perhaps needs

to buy them from stores because no one will want to make it but I am not sure 100% to this one.

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

Every other price will rise yes Plat. But FE prices will drop from overload as there are so many people mass producing them to make EFE's

It's actauly all quite inteligently put together. People will just have to learn the Values of HarD work and pacience is all.

NeoSeS

I've tried ore mining and such, it's harder to mine in real life so it should be harder to mine in the game obviously.

You are wrong. Anyway let the future give arguments which will covince you.

Regards.

Your just unhappy because you have to work for a living now :lol:

"Whistle while you work. Duh duh duh duh duh duh do, Everyone it won't take long, just join us in our song. Whisle while you work Duh duh duh duh duh duh do, now come along and join our song and whistle while you work."

NeoSeS

he wolf you probably ain't making like 2K HE every day? try it now and you will noticed this update never been here!!!

Could you say that in proper english now... and just think of the money you'll make selling those HE now, warriors will want them more and they will be in high demand and low supply... at least if I partialy understand your message that's what you meant *Shrugs* Not sure, to much bad Grammer floating around THe EL forums now adays...

NeoSeS

he wolf you probably ain't making like 2K HE every day? try it now and you will noticed this update never been here!!!

Could you say that in proper english now... and just think of the money you'll make selling those HE now, warriors will want them more and they will be in high demand and low supply... at least if I partialy understand your message that's what you meant *Shrugs* Not sure, to much bad Grammer floating around THe EL forums now adays...

NeoSeS

well for you i will explain it so you know what i mean.

Try make 2000 Health Essences every day without the harvesting and alch update.

And try to make it now with update ... I can tell you i made 200 Health Essences in 40 minutes. I haven't got much time already so now with this it has no time for me to play around now.

I care about the game I love. Not that I will not make a living in this game.

Regards.

I personaly truely think in the long run this will work out for the best for EL. I love the game same as you do Plat, I love the people who play it, who make it and who put there hearts and souls into it. Now it will have longevity to it, you won't have the best weapons right off the bat you'll actualy have to work for them. If they would just lower the monster drops it would be almost perfect.

NeoSeS

Brian Yes I undersand completely about not havig enough time, but just think of the overall benifits of the new system. Since items break and now take more to make it will even out the market, soon there will be a complete harmony in the game. If you need money you can still harvest lilacs and that's not nearly as hard as some of the other items, harvesting has become an actualy profession now instead of a chore. Hope you stay and just consider stockpiling your Ore and then making the essencse at storage, that's the best way to go.

NeoSeS

I'm curious, how did you figured that EFE's prices will drop?

Did the chances of getting an EFE have increased or because more ppl will make FE's just trying to get them?

How does removing one of the only good ways left of making exp help? In this game, all the skills need to be vaguely even difficulties to make them worthwhile in terms of overall levels. Havesting/alchemy together used to just about rival fighting. Now everyone who want's oa needs to fight, and train to a high level. All the spawns will be camped to death, there are too few mobs atm as there is, and lots of people will leave. I'm going to give it a little while, but ruining the two skills I actually enjoy and trying to force me into combat? Not a good sign. I also notice not ONE of the admins has even COMMENTED on the new changes, since they went up - do they even care about player feedback? Again, not a good sign... I'd rather hoped this game was different, and better than that, I may have been mistaken, and if this doesn't improve I may well go look for another mmorpg again. It's not about this particular update, but its the lack of player consultation if they let it change - I understand balancing, but this isn't it. I'm sorry if this post seems a flame, it wasn't my intention. I do LIKE this game, I want it to work, but if I feel it has no future, I'm not staying - staying on in a dying mmorpg is not something I want to do again.

Quote Wolf_Lord

Your just unhappy because you have to work for a living now

Having to 'work' for a living is what we do RL, and trust, me sitting around watching paint dry is not fun. It is just slow.

This is a game. Game should be fun. Using lot of time, which could be spent doing other things, is not a good solution. Therefore most games have a few 'conventions':

- Building speed is greatly enhanced (imaginge it taking like 5 RL years to build a

castle, noone would like that)

- Travel speed is greatly enhanced

- Manufacturing speed is greatly enhanced (might be complex, but still fast)

There are other such conventions as well, but I'm focusing on speed of the game, or 'pace of the game'. The vast majority of gamers like games where you get a feel of accomplishment, at the same time, the vast majority of gamres strongly dislike to just wait and wait for something you have little or no control over. Especially if you are not able to do anything else.

In EL; Imagine if you could not do anything else if you are reading a book.

Point being - this is a game. It is supposed to be fun.

(making harvestin and manufacturing and alchemy take forever and a day is - simply put - not fun)

Edited by Derin

didn't you say you left the forum Wolf_Lord

Yes but that matter has been taken care of see the off topics forum for details.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm curious, how did you figured that EFE's prices will drop?

Did the chances of getting an EFE have increased or because more ppl will make FE's just trying to get them?

I said EFE prices will skyrocket, however Fire Essences (Regular ones) will drop because there will be mass production of them in the pursiut of more EFE for weapons productions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

one section at a time for this one...

How does removing one of the only good ways left of making exp help? In this game, all the skills need to be vaguely even difficulties to make them worthwhile in terms of overall levels. Havesting/alchemy together used to just about rival fighting. Now everyone who want's oa needs to fight, and train to a high level. All the spawns will be camped to death, there are too few mobs atm as there is, and lots of people will leave.

Harvesting and Alchemy will still be valid ways of leveling up, only more proifatble, warriors will be crowding the areas for mining and such to supply the items needed for the weapons they wish to make. People will obviouls be fighting, but no more than usual they will need more HE and BR's both wich require harvesting and alchemy to produce (along with potions) They will also have to find a way to make money to buy the suppies to continue there fighting or training to level up. Everything and I mean Everything save for regulare Fire essence has become more expensive and that is a good thing as the ways of making money have not drasticaly changed at all. As I said people can still harvest Lilacs for money to keep it in the game and while others are making items to sell some people will be makig money by harvesting and sellind as well as killing monsters to get the money to Buy the items being made.

I'm going to give it a little while, but ruining the two skills I actually enjoy and trying to force me into combat? Not a good sign. I also notice not ONE of the admins has even COMMENTED on the new changes, since they went up - do they even care about player feedback? Again, not a good sign... I'd rather hoped this game was different, and better than that, I may have been mistaken, and if this doesn't improve I may well go look for another mmorpg again. It's not about this particular update, but its the lack of player consultation if they let it change - I understand balancing, but this isn't it. I'm sorry if this post seems a flame, it wasn't my intention. I do LIKE this game, I want it to work, but if I feel it has no future, I'm not staying - staying on in a dying mmorpg is not something I want to do again.

I'm glad your gonna stick with it, but you don't have to switch to fighting as I explained. You could harves lilacs to get money for the ingredients to train your alchemy and continue harvesting as well. The Admins and mods are probably biting there tounges letting us all argue it out so no one can say they have taken a side in the issue. EL is still the best and this just made it better. Player Consultation, alls the players do in this game is complain.... why consult them. If you look on the forums and post your thoughts they will indeed look at them and act accordingly, but this is beta, there is only one way to find out if something will work and that is to implement it... I'm not gonna waste anymore time on this for someone who obvioulsly would rather pay for a game out of Beta stage then continue to help this particular one along.

NeoSeS

Having to 'work' for a living is what we do RL, and trust, me sitting around watching paint dry is not fun. It is just slow.

This is a game. Game should be fun. Using lot of time, which could be spent doing other things, is not a good solution. Therefore most games have a few 'conventions':

- Building speed is greatly enhanced (imaginge it taking like 5 RL years to build a

castle, noone would like that)

- Travel speed is greatly enhanced

- Manufacturing speed is greatly enhanced (might be complex, but still fast)

There are other such conventions as well, but I'm focusing on speed of the game, or 'pace of the game'. The vast majority of gamers like games where you get a feel of accomplishment, at the same time, the vast majority of gamres strongly dislike to just wait and wait for something you have little or no control over. Especially if you are not able to do anything else.

In EL; Imagine if you could not do anything else if you are reading a book.

Point being - this is a game. It is supposed to be fun.

(making harvestin and manufacturing and alchemy take forever and a day is - simply put - not fun)

If you enhance something to much it begins to move to quickly and becomes unfair and unrealistic. Games are fun, people make games and people make games fun. Now with these new implemantations I have actualy had for the first time in ages meaningful and fun converastions with players and my guild mates. Taking a break from harvesting is more relaxing now, developing your charecter is a greater challenge now and the oppurtunities for fun are much much more available. What's wrong with the idea of not being able to do anything else while you read a book... I could go on with that one for a whole new post. The speed has slowed down, but it's like the univers. It's spinning out of control and if it dosen't slow down one day it will all brake apart and be destroyed anyway. Life is to short and we should all learn to enjoy life to the fullest everyday. If you can't enjoy el because it has become to slow to you, well you probably wern't one of those people who could stop and smell the roses anyway, your missing out on to much in life, there is more than personal advancement and gain in life, both real and in EL so...

Take a break, talk to a friend smell some roses and enjoy life.

NeoSeS

Some Food For Thought:

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in

front of him. When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very

large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf

balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed

that it was.

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into

the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open

areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if

the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the

jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once

more if the jar was full. The students responded with an unanimous

"yes."

The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table

and poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the

empty space between the sand. The students laughed.

"Now," said the professor, as the laughter subsided, "I want you to

recognize that this jar represents your life.

The golf balls are the important things: your God, family, your

children, your health, your friends, and your favorite passions,

things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your

life would still be full.

The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your

house, and your car. The sand is everything else -- the small stuff.

"If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no

room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If

you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will

never have room for the things that are important to you.

Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.

Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take

your partner out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be

time to clean the house and fix the disposal." Take care of the golf

balls first, the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The

rest is just sand."

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee

represented. The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes

to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's

always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend."

Everyone is complaining that now EL moves to slow takes to much time, go to difficult. I think everyone is just running at to fast a pace to enjoy the fun stuff in life, there are more important things in life then how long it takes you to harvest Silver or Iron or Titanium (who dose this in real life anyway...) People are complainig that now Manufacturing is to complexed or difficult, but it's still as simple as it ever was just more costly and tedious to do. Everyone says fighters will have the upper hand, (this is only true) when you go into a pk map. I can harves lilacs and sell them for gold just as fast as a fighter can kill for it.

To quote from my Guild Code

The Symmetry of life is an amazing thing, each aspect of life balances upon all other aspects of life, each in turn takes there own shining of Glory, only to be shifted so another may take it's place. Thus as the world turns and each aspect of life comes into it's Glory once again, it is more stunning and powerful because it is balanced even so more perfectly and more solidly than before by each aspect that was woven beneath it

THe Game of EL needed more Balance to it, now we all have a more equal part in it, harvesters support alchemist, alchemist support Manufactures, Manufactures support warrior and Warriors by paying for the weapons and armor and other tools of there trades support the Harvester by paying the manufacturers who pay the alchmists who pay the harvesters for there work.... It is a wonderfully and now much more perfectly balanced system overall.

NeoSeS

Well, it's obvious that you think this game is too fast-paced and I think not.

Different views I guess.

Yes diffrent veiws in deed, but for an RPG to be true and beliveable, and for it to not be constantly out of flux there must be some semblence of normality to it. Tell me what is the benifit of having everyone making 2000 HE a day or for all the new people in the game to have Titanuim Armor and Tit long swords by the end of there first week playing. That is in deed to fast paced a game by any standards. There has to be some measure of diffuculty and realism to the game otherwise it becomes to unbelivable. Now when people get an item or reach a new level the amout of pride and sense of acheivement will be doubly special to all of them, for they had to work at it more to achieve what they wanted.

Players will also become more well rounded you won't have a pure fighter or a pure manufacuturer. They will all work harder to become more proficent in there trades and thus to be able to out bid on a price for an item they will be selling. A player who makes all there own FE in hopes of gettig one EFE then makes all the bars and harvests all the ore themselves will be able to provide a better price to people when they go to sell an item. Futher more.... friend have now become more important as have individual professions if you so choose because an alchemist who has a friend who is a harvester will be better off than the one who has to pay a non-friend to harvest for them because it's "A waste of their time" and so a more natural chain of progression will form in EL and a more solid base that will tie the players together more unitedly will develope as well.

NeoSes

Edited by Wolf_Lord

I too like the new update,truthully i didn't even play EL this entire time till now,I LOVE THE NEW HARVESTING SYSTEM!and the game is so much faster!!*rotates camera*WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

whoops,i just read Tornado's post,dispike he was talking sarcasium im not,i really do love it!

Edited by Buuhan1

OMG NEO!!! thats all well and good if ur DonPedro, and have 88/88 a/d but, it makes it harder for the rest, so in other words, congrats to Don and the rest of the top 10 fighters you will always be top 10...

Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.

Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take

your partner out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be

time to clean the house and fix the disposal." Take care of the golf

balls first, the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The

rest is just sand."

Very good story. The point is that the harvesting is so slow now that most people (especially newbies) will not be able to achieve anything in the game without completely giving up on real life duties. How many lilacs do you need to harvest to be able to buy anything worthy. And how many days must be spent to gather needed amount of them? And of course I don't see much fun in looking at the non-moving screen while it performs autoharvesting + going to storage or shop from time to time.

Oh came on i'm in top 10 and i dont like it. It would be impossible for me to get money for pots and ess becouse prices will grow up

of course i can do it by myself but i will make 100 he and 30 pots in hour or more and i will use all of it in 10-20 minutes

It's starting to look like Hell