Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Quest button

I think we should have a quest button where we could read what we had to do for a quest. For the flora's grandma quest, where you would have to buy stuff from meryl, i had to walk back to granny two times to see what she wanted because i couldnt remember. it's very frustrating =( if i had a quest button thingy i could press it and read what i had to do for that quest.

theres allot of walking around in quests, and peopl get distracted during the walking - its a good idea to add some sort of chart.

Maybe you should only be able to remember the quest, if you first bought a piece of paper and some ink in the game, so your character can write down the task :D

You should also be able to manufacture the ink from some blue flowers.

cool idea censorius!

Yeah maybe we can make ink too...take some special flowers, use the mortar & pedstle and put it in a vial. then you'd need to buy a quill pen though too...and how would you write/save the quest on the paper though?

And we'd have to have another menu thing that would bring up the quest info ...

I'd thought I just mention this but as the game is right now, you really don't even get a chance to buy Paper until the end of the Longest quest of the game. After that, they are no really long quests in which you'd need paper for.

Of course, there will be even more Quests later but still. I just thought is funny that people mentioned needing paper to write down the Quest in which they first get the paper.

But nevertheless, I Like the Idea. But I kind of like the Idea of an In-Game Journal rather then just carrying around a bunch of paper with you. This way you start out with a Journal (Or maybe you get it shortly after reaching Isla Prima) and having to obtain the Pen and Ink afterwards. This way, the Current quest of buying paper later still makes sense plus having a Pen also gives another use for buying paper too.

Here's another Idea. How about a Mapping Ability? With Pen and Paper, you could Chart unmapped regions. When you press Tab (or another button maybe) in a area that does come with a pre-made Map, it'll show an Map showing where you've been. Actually, now that I think of it this is going to be VERY complecated to do. I don't think Anybody can do the Programing required for this. It was just an Idea.