Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

Big Map Editor Bug

If you maximize the map editor window, you cannot move your mouse on the right side and bottom of the screen, there is an invisible barrier stopping you about 150 or more pixels from the edges.

Please can someone fix this? It is very annoying trying to work in a maximized window :o

Well, here is a newbie question...... :)

How do you maximize the map editor window?

And while we are at it, is there some kind of manual that actually lists ALL the commands in the map editor (the one I got with the game seems incomplete).

Yeah. The most recent list of commands is in Wrytter's post, the seconed-from-last one on the sticky thread on the top of this section. It tells you how to maximize the window in the mapeditor.txt.

freeone3000,

are you talking about the map-editor????

I know every command in the normal game client (at least i think so), I'm talking about the map editor.

I think I fixed it now...

The problem was that you didn't call SDL_SetVideoMode on resize, hence the window size increased but the window drawn by SDL did not...

Edited by Wytter

Any input from a windows user? It has taken care of the problem with window resizes on *nix, but the problem was different: the window size would increase but nothing would be drawn in the outer regions - it is now...

I think that the Windows SDL libs reacted by drawing the scene as it should, but the mouse driver and possibly other things as well was not informed of the dimension change... But I am not sure.

Any input from a windows user? It has taken care of the problem with window resizes on *nix, but the problem was different: the window size would increase but nothing would be drawn in the outer regions - it is now...

I think that the Windows SDL libs reacted by drawing the scene as it should, but the mouse driver and possibly other things as well was not informed of the dimension change... But I am not sure.

Give me a second...

Window size is fixed, but it screws EVERYTHING ELSE over when you re-size...isn't there supposed to be a re-draw? All it leaves is a black screen, with some blue and white boxes (BTW-It's harsh trying to get that to compile on windows...WTF are so many Universal functions doing inside of #ifdef LINUX !?)

EDIT-Looks like it unloads all of the textures :D

Edited by crusadingknight

Hmm, that is strange - works just fine on linux... Will have to get Sadez to take a look at it...

All the modification you should need is to add ../elc/elconfig.{c,h} to the project file - I think that ../elc/particles.{c,h} and ../elc/translate.{c,h} are already there...

Edited by Wytter

Hmm, that is strange - works just fine on linux... Will have to get Sadez to take a look at it...

All the modification you should need is to add ../elc/elconfig.{c,h} to the project file - I think that ../elc/particles.{c,h} and ../elc/translate.{c,h} are already there...

Unfortunately, as well:

gui_support.c needs definitions contained in GUI.h, misc. needs extern char * file_selection (or selected_file, whatever), and in misc.c someone enclosed all the *_continued functions #ifdef LINUX...but the *_continued functions are called in events.c

I had already tried to fix this adding the SDL_SetVideoMode but it does not work properly (you may need to reload all the textures but Im not sure).

*EDIT* The problem with maximizing and then restoring size not working is also caused because SDL_SetVideoMode is not called.

Edited by Sadez

I had already tried to fix this adding the SDL_SetVideoMode but it does not work properly (you may need to reload all the textures but Im not sure).

*EDIT* The problem with maximizing and then restoring size not working is also caused because SDL_SetVideoMode is not called.

Hmm, well we'll have to focus on this problem then to make it work.. I'll install Win on my 3rd machine trying to get it working :huh:. Let's get this problem resolved before releasing 1.1...

Edited by Wytter