Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Censorius

Deer antlers in inventory

I noticed that every deer antler I pick up goes to its own place in the inventory with value 1. All other items just show one picture and a summed up value on the lower right.

Censorius

It just means that Deer antlers don't 'stack', they're too big. Most items will stack (like gold, flowers, potions etc) some items don't, because it'll ruin the gameplay (think about someone running around with 2000 body rest. pots, they'd be undefeatable).

A potion of will doesn't really ruin the gameplay if you have loads of them. A potion of body rest will allow you to not die (heal), if you have loads of m, you'll be invincible, which is 'bad'...

Lol... Yeah I know. But the game isn't all about realism, also about gameplay and fun.

The realism is pretty much sacrificed in every game, for the sake of gameplay. I never intented to make EL as realistic as possible.

I see that they may be too big to stack up. But that is already solved by how much you can carry, isn't it ?

Hmm, if I think about it I wonder how I would carry 10 deer antlers by myself :D

Is the amount of space an intem needs only depending on its weight or is it also based on its size ?

Censorius

The item's space is not determined by weight. I've seen more heavy things which will stack anyway. Like I said, most of the time it has to do with the size/form/material IRL; big, hard item's wont stack (IE antlers won't stack, while cactusses do, they're not big. A blanket for example would stack too, although it's big, it's very soft). Else it has to do with gameplay.