Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Particle Editor Improvements Needed

Ok, first, what does TTL stand for?

#1. Please make it so you can CLICK and HOLD your mouse button down and the values will change. AND(if possible) shift+click on the actual number value to be able to type it in yourself). Because right now you have to click the mouse to move up/down for each 0.01 point. When you hold the mouse button down it should go up by 0.1 points, so if you want more accuracy you can click click click.

#2. Make an option to turn the black boxes off in the map editor. This is so that the mappers can see more precisely how it will look in the game(most useful for small particles like candle flames).

oh..and there is another bug, when I click on the New map icon it does nothing. The latest map editor I have is dated 10-24 btw.

#3. make colored water :blink:

TTL = Time to live. Specifies the time in seconds that the particle will live (if -1 it's lifespan is infinite). Say you set the TTL of a particle to 3 seconds, the particle system will be destroyed 3 seconds after it's displayed the first time.

#1. Please make it so you can CLICK and HOLD your mouse button down and the values will change.

The window handler doesn't support that yet (I think).. It'd be nice though.

AND(if possible) shift+click on the actual number value to be able to type it in yourself).

Same problem here, I think. Or do we have a nice way to get keyboard input to a window without rewriting the event handling for the map editor?

(I'm not saying these things can't be done, it would just take a bit of work)

oh..and there is another bug, when I click on the New map icon it does nothing. The latest map editor I have is dated 10-24 btw.

Doesn't seem to work for me either, now that you mention it.

3. make colored water

:angry:

TTL = Time to live. Specifies the time in seconds that the particle will live (if -1 it's lifespan is infinite). Say you set the TTL of a particle to 3 seconds, the particle system will be destroyed 3 seconds after it's displayed the first time.

It's not seconds, it's times the update function is called. Every time the update function is called, every TTL that is more than zero is decreased by one. If a system has TTL zero and all it's particles are dead, then the system is destroyed (no new particles are created once TTL reaches zero.)

I'm actually not sure how often the update function is called... It's as often as all other animation... <_<

It would also be nice if we could rotate the particles on the map like 3d objects. Would make it a lot easier.

Hmm... Yeah, I guess so. It would take more than just a few lines of code to fix, so I don't when I'll have the time to do that. Any volunteers? :P

#1. Please make it so you can CLICK and HOLD your mouse button down and the values will change.

The window handler doesn't support that yet (I think).. It'd be nice though.

Ok..it may not support that, however I do know that it supports different key combinations doing different things:

Click with mouse alone go up increments of 0.01

Click with mouse AND hold down shift: increments of 0.10

Click with mouse AND hold down ctrl: increments of 1.0

Can you do that? I'll be happy :angry:

#2. Make an option to turn the black boxes off in the map editor. This is so that the mappers can see more precisely how it will look in the game(most useful for small particles like candle flames).

I added this too: Shift+right click on the particles icon will toggle showing of the black boxes (in the version now in CVS.)

ok so has the map editor been updated? If so, can someone compile it for me and email it to me? I kinda can't get one any other way :P

Im getting a bug with the thumbnail wondow. When I move it I can no longer scroll through any sections.

Edited by Gnome

2 Things:

1. The colored bars in the editor do not change color when you change the RGB values. I remember they did at one time..

2. The open icon at the bottom of the screen doesn't work. Instead al it does is refresh the particles in the display window :o

1. The colored bars in the editor do not change color when you change the RGB values. I remember they did at one time..

Hate to say it, but it works here :) I'll see if I can figure out why it doesn't work for you..

(I did notice that not only the bars change color for me, the icons at the bottom of the window do too ;))

2. The open icon at the bottom of the screen doesn't work. Instead al it does is refresh the particles in the display window :)

Use the open icon in the toolbar instead (the usual one that you use to load objects.) Remember to select particle mode first.

Ok then can you take that open icon off of the bottom of hte screen? because it's useless otherwise :)

It wasn't an open icon, it was a reset icon. But it's removed now. :)

(I did notice that not only the bars change color for me, the icons at the bottom of the window do too ;))

Fixed. Don't ask me why someone added that "feature" :)

It wasn't an open icon, it was a reset icon. But it's removed now. :)

ohhh..why didn't you tell me??? I would have made an icon for that, you should have kept it there, that's good to have ;)

It wasn't an open icon, it was a reset icon. But it's removed now. ;)

ohhh..why didn't you tell me??? I would have made an icon for that, you should have kept it there, that's good to have :)

:lol: Ok, I'll put it back :)

I checked the code, and the only thing I could think of is that lighting might be enabled when the bars are drawn, but in that case the rest of the stuff in the window should be the wrong color too. So are they (plus/minus buttons, text etc.) the correct color (i.e. brownish) or not (white)?