Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mihaim

Map Markings Patch ( 00250 )

Entropy requested this patch. So i wrote it.

With this you can add map markings so you can remember places that you want to go or not to go.

Each map has his own marks file.

Usage: On the map screen right click and a yellow mark apears. Then type the marking text. When you have finish press enter and the marking will be on your map.

screenshot here:

http://el.tfm.ro/shots/markings1.jpg

I'll upload it to berlios in few minutes.

Edited by mihaim

man, fold this into the client as soon as possible. i have a feeling that people will start posting marker files all over the place when this goes live :D

Ccan you come up with a way to actually prompt someone to type in the name of the marker, and allow them to see the label they're typing?

Bug: if you type in a too-long name, it will work ok until the next time the client is started, then it will segfault.

Signal 11, SIGSEGV, segmentation violation, . . . it's something that happens when your operating system can make competent use of a MMU. Also known as a "bus error" on some systems.

Similar to, but very different from, have blue dysentery all over your screen and then ending your own life Kurt Cobain style.

Signal 11, SIGSEGV, segmentation violation, . . . it's something that happens when your operating system can make competent use of a MMU. Also known as a "bus error" on some systems.

Bus error is not the same, although both can be caused by random pointers.

SegV: You tried to access an area you do now have permission to.

Bus error: You tried to access something that is not possible, like non-aligned memory access (32bit value on an odd address on a high performance CPU), or possibly outside the addressable memory.

It is also a guild in some known game...:-)

Regards.

Ccan you come up with a way to actually prompt someone to type in the name of the marker, and allow them to see the label they're typing?

Pop-up with changed flags maybe (So that it'd be visible overlaying the map)? :) (Just, as of yet, you'd have to be sure to re-set them when you finished with it...) ...As for the too long of a name, just use the pop-up's max_len to keep it within reasonable range.

Edited by crusadingknight

Bus error is not the same, although both can be caused by random pointers.

SegV: You tried to access an area you do now have permission to.

Bus error: You tried to access something that is not possible, like non-aligned memory access (32bit value on an odd address on a high performance CPU), or possibly outside the addressable memory.

Interesting. I had only seen "bus error" once or twice before, on other systems, and I just assumed that it was their name for a SegV.

Erm . An Edit widget would be nice ... Dunno if is implemented yet.

And about the segfault i will fix that tonight

Yeah, yeah, the multi-input-display-text-edit-etc. widget is almost finished...How else do you think the popup works? :)

An edit is kinda in the future, by prompt I can do ->

http://www.freewebs.com/theironguard/elc/pop-prompt.PNG

I suspect mihaim could make the pop-up prompt look better though...I forget the flag

to make it appear over other windows :)

Hm, his works by strcpy, so I think it's possible for him to do the same I did for the pop-ups (mod put_text_in_buffer)...of course, it takes some other mods as well, but most of it is already done (just some vars to change) in my pop-up patch.

Edited by crusadingknight

Interesting. I had only seen "bus error" once or twice before, on other systems, and I just assumed that it was their name for a SegV.

Nope, but if your int16 * x = random() is an even number you'll get a segfault, where as an odd number will get a bus error. Excluding x86, which will just slow down to access an odd address.

The difference is not something you'll figure out without reading the manual :)

Excluding x86, which will just slow down to access an odd address.

Which would be why I've only seen it on an UltraSPARC and an iBook :P

Done (in my patch at least)...but it still takes displaying and click handling and accept handling on your end.

Done (in my patch at least)...but it still takes displaying and click handling and accept handling on your end.

I took Patch 251 from berlios , applyed it and this is the result:

bash-2.05a# make -f Makefile.linux
cc -march=i686 -Wall -ggdb -pipe -DLINUX -DELC -I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/libxml2 -c 2d_objects.c
In file included from 2d_objects.c:4:
global.h:96:21: chatwin.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [2d_objects.o] Error 1

Where chatwin.h should be ?

Updated the patch on berlios .

Changes:

- Now the text is shown on the map on mouse location while u type with yellow. It turnes green

after mark is done.

- Replaced strcpy with strncpy and fixed seg fault on long strings .

No need for text widget :) It's simpler this way. Ty wytter for sugestion

Still crashing.

multiplayer.c:449 in strstr

My map data looks like this (yes, that's two lines, and only 1 mark):

14 159 fjkdslafjdlskjfalksdjfl;kasjflkdjsal;kfjdsl;kajfdsl;kjfl;skjfl;dsjl;fajdsl;kjfalskdj;a
fjdslk;ajfsdlkjfa;lksjfsldk;ajfdskla;jfdkls;a

Tip for Mihai: It's because you're using the input_text_line and it's text gets wrapped.

I took Patch 251 from berlios , applyed it and this is the result:

bash-2.05a# make -f Makefile.linux
cc -march=i686 -Wall -ggdb -pipe -DLINUX -DELC -I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/libxml2 -c 2d_objects.c
In file included from 2d_objects.c:4:
global.h:96:21: chatwin.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [2d_objects.o] Error 1

Where chatwin.h should be ?

Hrm. I tkae it nobody bothers to read comments on the berlios.de page, so I'll stop posting stuff there (It listed required files...for some reason windows CVS screws up -N <_< )...

I'll try again though.

Tip for Mihai: It's because you're using the input_text_line and it's text gets wrapped.

Arghhhh. That's why a second line was in the file. Fixing it now.

Uploading to berlios

Is it possible to also add automated map-marking for certain quests? For example, a marking showing where you're supposed to go for the tutorials would be nice.

-Lyn-