Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lyanna

Recruitment Drive!

As some of you may know, I'm now the Head of Storylines and Quests, taking over Entropy's writing. A few things to note: The main storyline of EL will be going back to medieval, so you can disregard any sci-fi elements in the current NPC scripts. Those will be removed with time. (But the effects of the Winery and Blacksmith quests will still stay, don't worry...)

However, I'm not planning to write everything myself, so I'm asking you guys for help. :rolleyes: And yes, I'm going to be professional about it. What I need are:

1) Sub-Editors: I need people who can juggle complex situations, with an eye for detail, ability to grasp the bigger picture, and a diplomatic manner. You'll have the pleasant job of telling writers exactly what's wrong with their ideas/stories, and suggesting ways of fixing it. Also, you'll be working closely with me to direct the whole course of EL's story - working on Races, Religions, Cities, Continents and Periods of History. And, whenever I'm away or too busy for extended periods of time, you'll have to keep the Storylines running smoothly. It's more of an admin task than anything else. Don't apply for it unless you're very sure you can handle the above. :rolleyes:

2) Proofreaders: Nit-pickers. I want nit-pickers. Every story that we publish as "official" has to be perfect in all ways - grammar, spelling, and integration with other stories. You need to have a rather critical attitude and a VERY good eye for small details. Besides just language problems, it'll be important to keep an eye out for conflicting ideas or details between different stories as well.

3) Writers: The backbone of the Storylines Forum. Without you guys, nothing else works. :unsure: All sorts of writers are welcome. Short stories, quests, ballads, extended epics, poems, factual documents, etc. If it's not so good, I'll try and tell you honestly, but we'll help you to refine it and improve the quality, so don't be afraid to post. Even if it's not "official", there are other ways to get your work into the game... don't worry about that. :P

4) Archivists: While I can do this job pretty well myself, I think soon it'll come to be too much for me. I need people who can compile details and keep records of all important facts, both in every story as well as those in-game. I need people to take down notes, to 'interview' NPCs and write down what they say, to conduct polls, research on information, stuff like that. An extended knowledge of fantasy/medieval information would be helpful, but patience and lots of time would be even better.

5) Creative Geniuses: :) If you've got some weird idea that's roughly storyline or quest related, let me know. Anything, from choreographing plays, to collecting EL jokes and limericks, to compiling lexicons (i.e. The Hitch-hiker's Guide to EL)... if you've got a special project you want to work on, let me hear about it. :)

6) Artists: Since the history of EL is in constant motion, with kingdoms rising and kingdoms falling, I need someone who can draw maps to depict the various stages in EL's history. I also would like to have illustrations for certain stories, so if there's anyone who likes to draw figures or cities...

And if you've just got an idea for a quest or story, but are content to let us handle it, write in too. :) I'll set up a thread especially for those kind of suggestions.

Post in this thread if you want to volunteer, and I'll get you started as soon as possible. :) There's a lot to do...

-Lyn-

Edited by Lyanna

Great! I saw your post about Silencio's story, and thought it pretty good. :) I've got a few jobs for you straightaway, freeone.

Have a look at these stories, and post the changes needed at the end of each thread. You can take your time and you don't have to finish them all in one day, though. :P

The Founding of Tirnwood

Who is Trik and How Did He Get His Money

The Story of Fingolfin

There are more, of course, but these are just to get you started. :)

-Lyn-

EDIT: freeone, your further posts in this thread were moved to the Founding of Tirnwood thread.

Edited by Lyanna

Umm... did anyone ask for my permission to remove my quests? if so, I might have been drunk or something, because I don't really remember giving the permission to anyone to do that. Last time I checked I was still the co-owner of the game.

*hands ent a writers block to throw at lyanna :P:)

Umm... did anyone ask for my permission to remove my quests? if so, I might have been drunk or something, because I don't really remember giving the permission to anyone to do that. Last time I checked I was still the co-owner of the game.

Don't ask me... I asked Roja whether we should continue with your quests or redo them. She said she wanted a medieval theme, so we would either have to scrap them or re-write them to fit in with the new fantasy theme. Therefore, I'm planning to rewrite.

well I think we should keep this game fantasy/medieval....so I think we'll take out his quests, or just rewrite them a bit. I'd really really like it if you'd be in charge of all quests and storyline aspects of the game. You already kind of are so.. if you'd like to take the next step and be a part of this team that'd be great.

Better check with her.

-Lyn-

P.S. freeone, go through all the Great War stories in the "Story" section off the main EL website, and list down the errors in a separate thread in the Storylines Forum. I know that there are a few, but haven't had time to compile a list.

Edited by Lyanna

Two things, Silencio:

1) More details on the Kilaran Field story (yes, it's a nice one, but I want it to be more fleshed out... don't worry about it just being an add-on, I'm thinking about compiling a whole list of Great War Chronicles, so I want you to expand on your story and make it a full-fledged one).

2) If you want a long project, I need someone to write up the History of Corren Town. Just start off however you like, and we'll then work on it after you finish to synchronise it with the rest of the storyline.

-Lyn-

This is why it's a good idea to stay sober...

note to self: Stay sober!

When that's said, I think that EL is better off with having a medieval theme rather than a mixed Sci-Fi/Medieval :-)

Get ready folks..

*Puts up the flame shield*