Where should a new storage go?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Where should a new storage go?

• WSC
    • Tarsengard
    • Naralik
    • Morcraven
    • other

i voted for white stone city (wsc) as i see it as about time we get a bit more traffic up there :rolleyes:

allso, its about time #beam me up was removed from game. newbie helpers have the ability to teleport people to wraith last time i checked so if someone get stuck get on the #help_me horn and request a teleport :D #beam me up was supposedly only a debug command, but is now the oldest player command besides #stats and maybe #ping...

I agree with Lord Vermor on the new storage.... Raven should be moved to Tirnwood to be in a central spot on the map, fairly equidistant from the teleports, and a new storage should go in Morcraven Marsh , possibly near Tankel to discourage the pot makers with a longer trip.

I know i likely should put this next item in the suggestion forum, but I'm gonna say it here anyways....

I would like to see a NPC who is just a NPC most of the time, but can act like storage if you "rent" his services for various periods of time, costing say 1000 GP per week to help take some money out of the economy, and also being fairly close to valuable player resources. Maybe you would have to do some significant quest such as bring him multiple rare books(5-10 chosen from a list of books, possibly including either a fluffy or chimera book), which would also help to balance out the economy a little by making rare books more valuable(at least until most who want to do the quest have done it).... Just a thought.....

Telgar

I would like to see a NPC who is just a NPC most of the time, but can act like storage if you "rent" his services for various periods of time, costing say 1000 GP per week to help take some money out of the economy, and also being fairly close to valuable player resources. Maybe you would have to do some significant quest such as bring him multiple rare books(5-10 chosen from a list of books, possibly including either a fluffy or chimera book), which would also help to balance out the economy a little by making rare books more valuable(at least until most who want to do the quest have done it).... Just a thought.....

Telgar

*adds to the very long to-do list* (eventually, eventually...)

Okay, fine, I don't mind not having a storage near the winery, but there should be one in Morcraven anyway. How about the other fort instead? (Or maybe I could write in Aclys, the Necromancer of Naralik, as the optional storage NPC that Telgar described...

-Lyn-

Raven is as close to MM, as DP storage is to CC. I don't see much sense in moving Raven and adding storage to MM. WS being such a big map thouch can afford to handle a couple storages.

Raven is as close to MM, as DP storage is to CC. I don't see much sense in moving Raven and adding storage to MM. WS being such a big map thouch can afford to handle a couple storages.

putting a storage in MM would provide for Morcraven Marsh, Naralik and lower Whitestone map.

then by moving Raven to central Whitestone or Whitestone City itself, the upper Whitestone area will also be catered for.

at present both lower Morcraven and Naralik have no decent access to storage.

thus MM + move Raven is the logical choice.

isle prima next to wraith so i dont need to trek to differant maps

Thats one reason not to have one on IP!

Also, its actually good if not all the areas are services by storage. That helps bring in a little bit of strategy at times. for instance area that are desolate/abandoned shouldn't be considered as places to put any NPC's or trying to put them nearby to service them. So 'active' places like WS, WSC, Portland have a much higher priority. Places that are 'infested' have a much lower priority. To me, that means that having storage in grahms village is more then enough to cover MM, Naralik, & Grubani!

i prefer to think of "active" as places where people are actually doing things that require frequent storage trips, and both Morcraven Marsh and Naralik fit this description.

i still see a need for MM to receive a storage covering the lower Morcraven area, Naralik and the lower Whitestone map; and Raven to be moved, covering the middle and upper Whitestone areas - the ultimate and most logical solution.

lots of people will be able to take a goblin eventually or have the perk; those that don't have loads of storages around them in the safe areas anyway.

...the point of this poll is to determine areas that are lacking, atm it is clear that Morcraven, Naralik and upper Whitestone are all lacking decent storage, and moving Raven and installing a new storage at MM would solve all three problems at once.

I agree with Learner - active NPC need to be determined by game terms and storyline, not player actions. However, the Forts in MM are still fairly logical places for storages, since you need a soldier's quartermaster, or wine exporter for the winery...

Can we at least move Raven to WSC first, and later when we populate MM with more NPCs, include a new storage there?

-Lyn-