Eternal Lands Official Forums
Tripp9

Where Are They?

..The dwarves are the short people, the elves are the ones with pointy ears.

they are the three main races ...... maybe your screen is too dark :D

all human players are one of the three ... plus NPCs

hard to tell with armor on except dwarves. But elves have a slightly smaller frame than a human (less build thinner)

speaking of dark screen...I have a flat screen and unless I look at it right I can't see squat in the dark. I have removed shadows, clouds, and reflections with still no help.

Try turning your brightness of your monitor up, I've had to do that many times since I face the same problem with my flat panel monitor. I even had to go into my actual graphics card settings and change the brightness there when my monitor's brightness wouldn't go up any higher...

And it's not just night, when it rains in the game, things get very dark, too.

Another solution so you can get around in the game w/ out too much problem, whether the screen is dark or not, you can go to http://elrocks.com and download maps (back up your originals first) for your map folder. If you hit your TAB key while you're in the game, the map will come up. You can click on it where you're wanting to go and you'll start walking there (you're the blue X, your destination is a red X). With Fred's maps, he's got things pinpointed on them and better laid out, it makes it a lot easier if you can't see where you're going.

Just an idea..