Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Spelling and grammar errors.

On the request of entropy I have started this thread to address the errors in grammar and spelling that exist in the game. If you know of any errors of this type please post them in this thread so that they can be brought to Entropy's attention. Since this game will eventually be 'pay to play' I think that it is important to provide a professional appearing text to the game content, and storyline. I think that many people agree.

I'll start it off:

The command #dissentangle is a misspelled word, there is only one s, it should be #disentangle

Mortar and Pestle is spelled wrong.

These are just two examples that have come to mind right now. I know it may seem as if this is excessive, or unnecessary, but I feel that it is important, and I hope that many people agree.

Guest Shaudius

That last post was by me, Shaudius. Sorry for some reason it wouldn't remember my login.

i duno if it still exists but i remember if you put in wrong ingredients into the manufacturing window, and press mix, it would say, sometimes like "are you trying to crash teh server" and the was spelled teh.

Some things I think Ent meant to be that way, like saying "u r 2 1337 to read teh license.txt" or whatever the message was for the license trick

Heeh colsoloss....of corues not1 Nto wehn it r vilotashun

oh didnt know that, hmm how about the word medallion then, in game when u get info on the medallions, it only spells it with 1 L.

Portland ring merchant (or also know as the merchant of magical costume jewelry because they always fall to pieces) is trying to sell a Valey of the Dwarves ring?

Also the medallion thing which Lexic just mentioned above.

1. After asking the Newbie Helper on Isla Prime: "How do I kill stuff"

The answer is: "U click on teh mouse."

I'm not sure about the "ur" though, perhaps it's there on purpose?

2. Bakart quest, find Crystal of Truth:

While talking to Estilo, the 2nd time he says: "We didn't want to part with the entire crystal, but we figured we could make with just a little piece missing.

Remove "make"?

If you try to buy sigils from Salina at Grim's Village, but have already bought all of them there is no option to choose from when she asks you What sigil would you like to buy?. Usually we can click on None, thanks that brings us to the main menu again in all the other stores.

If you deposit, or withdraw a "Potion of Spirit Restoration" from storage it's name is shown as Mind Rest. (at least that happens at Grim, I don't know if all storage places are connected in matter of what they say)

Hmm... I got four things, but I see now that at least three were mentioned before... well I'm going to mention them anyways:

> Lexic mentioned the word medallion already: should be with two L's.

> The Valley of the Dwarves Ring is also with two L's, already mentioned by DealerOfDeath.

> In another thread: disengage should be with one S. (Shaudius)

> When you look at an NPC, it says: You see a Clark. "a" Clark? Dunno if that one was mentioned before...

[edit]Forgot to mention: this last one seems to apply to every NPC.[/edit]

Noria (Aluwen's priestess) says "...I heald you..." instead of healed after you ask for healing.

When typing command for #killme yes the dissabled message due to abuse has "has" spelled ahs. thats all i can think of.