Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Grum

Spelling

Ok, nothing major, but there are some annoying spelling mistakes in the game. The ones I can remember: sliver for silver, chyrsanthemum for chrysanthemum, and furr is to the best of my knowledge spelled with one r. Maybe this is not top priority, but at least it's easy to fix :P

yeah i 'think' entropy knows about em. The furr spelling has been remarked before anyways. But as you said, i dont think this is TOP priorities. Right now there are some things about the game engine that still needs to be implented. But its always good to report ANY bugs what so ever, becuse if we want this gameto become somewhat perfect = this is a must.

Keep up the bug-reporting!

BTW, if you find spelling mistakes, please post exactly where. Silver being sliver is not very usefull, if I don't know where to look for it.

Thanks.

BTW, if you find spelling mistakes, please post exactly where. Silver being sliver is not very usefull, if I don't know where to look for it.  

Thanks.

Grep the sources for sliver, can't give too many hits. Anyway, William (the banker in Portland) says sliver, chyrsantemum shows up when i harvest the thing. Furr I dont't remember, I think it says so in you inventory window.undefined

Bad message > General Store in Valley of the Dwarves "I am Micheal, and I own J00."

Aww, wheres your sense of humor :)

It was put in there for a bit of fun.

Bad message > General Store in Valley of the Dwarves "I am Micheal, and I own J00."

Aww, wheres your sense of humor :D

It was put in there for a bit of fun.

My bad (sense of humor). Please enlighten me :oops:

The maps (from Portland, Desert Pines and while in the place) say "Tahraji Desert," but when you enter, the message you get is "Welome to Cydonia Desert."

I also got a some sort of object conflict message 4 times when entering Tahraji/Cydonia Desert. The messages were red and were not written to the log file (so i don't have the exact text). They did not redisplay upon subsequent entry.

UPDATE: doh! I just caught the 4th message on Consule before it scrolled off:

Bad object: ./3dobjects/structures/tent_big1.e3d . Two or more materials with the same texture name!

Bad object: ./3dobjects/structures/castlewall2.e3d . Two or more materials with the same texture name!

When entering White Stone from Isla Prima (happend only one, not anymore???). Also a spelling mistake. When you click 'look' at a couple of gloves (the weapons, not the fur ones) it says:

enchanched leather gloves

This should be eighter 'enchanted leather gloves' (as in slightly magical) or 'enhanced leather gloves' (as in higher quality, improved leather gloves'. But if I were you i'd avoid the entire mixup and go for 'studded leather gloves' since that is what they look like anyway.

You can use the arrow keys, or page up/down in console :P

Learn something new every day :)

it use to get annoying when you scroll with the arrowkeys, if you wanna scroll up quite some lenght. Use the game up and page down to scroll an entire screen of text.