Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Phuzion

Sigh Sorry But I Quit This Game

I enjoy'd it for the first 2 days.

But with the new harvesting i have lost every item i had.

I was jsut 30 gold short of buying my first sigil so i could start what i was interested in "magic"

Oh well i wish the developers the best of luck with the game.

nice to see people giving up on a game when its in beta instead of trying to make it better

=P

you can always help, yourself you know =D

how would i help myself?

id be willing to join your team. "but im only a freshman and i have taken no courses towards my major which will be verry game-design oriented.

as i said i would love to join your team but i would mostly just be an observer for a while till i got my feet wet. I adapt verry well and i am pretty good at dissassembling this game :P

edit-

spur of the moment idea.

there should be an irc channel for this with sub-channels for admins/developers.

=P

you can think of another way to implement the good/bad events into harvesting, cuz we need it, i dont know about having it be this way though... thinking is a job too!!!

haha but i'll leave you alone, and if you ever wanna come back and help ent and roja, im sure they wont mind ;D

nono! dotn get me wrong you really dont know how much i love the concept of this game

i played runescape for 3 years just for its gameplay which is what you have in a more smooth manner

how would i apply to join u guys? also about that irc thing i could set it up if ent would like.

edit-

the irc would stop this annoying refresh refresh refresh ooh new post! refresh refresh :P

Why don't u start helping the same way i do .... spam the forums with suggestions... some are taken seriously and some are taken lightly... but none the less i do make a small (but not neglectable) contribution to game development...

And my two cents on the new harvesting thing is that I LOVE IT (although it needs some fine tunning! GOOD Job Ent....

hrm i think i'll setup an irc channel i dont think ent would mind. he migh tlike :P

what would i need to do to find out about joining you guys? im tired of being on the playing end of games i wanna be where i need to be "at the drivers seat " :)

Oh and for my quickest idea on the new harvesting hrm

"this thought as coming to me as i type :)"

you might be able to assemble strings to check for variables such as players health to make the damage recieve for say 30hp-10% or something. i have no experience with actual coding but i know its good for math :unsure:

and for the teleporting make it so that it checks a chars lvl and have 2 teleport jumps

jump 1 = player below char lvl 30 warp to "non-pvp non aggressive maps"

jump 2 = player above lvl 30 warp to "any map"

edit-

Also i believe that your random teleport for harvesting can have negative effects. I will log on later and play around with it. "Im going to see if i can make a hack for teleportaion :) i already have packets to send for teleporting via boat. "lot easier than clicking on the flag & door opening packets"

heey speaking of which i could be u guys anti-hack protection :)

my multi cave idea is still so much more uber than that, but go post that in the harvest topic

and thats how the teleports work at the moment ;D