Eternal Lands Official Forums
chatterbug89

Time To Show Of My..umm...your Desktops...

EDIT: My title is wrong...of should be off...LOL...sorry :)

Yeah...well...I just spent all day yesterday and a hour today working ont his so here it is....

screenshot.jpg

Yep, you just witnessed the best desktop in the world created by yours truely! LOL.

I'm running Slackware with the following...

KDE

Gdesklets

SuperKaramba

Taskbar V.2 or whatever (to have a transparent task bar thingy lol)

a realy cool background

and probaly some other eye candy stuff which i can't think of at the moment....

I love Slackware!!! :)

Oh yeah...feel free to post a picture of your Desktop and put your Desktop to shame in front of mine! ma ha ha ha! LOL...just kidding... ;)

haha falcon your desktop would kill my bf, he's always complaining that my desktop is too messy and i only have like 14 folders on it.

Chatterbug - why are you using gdesklets for KDE? Only use SuperKaramba for KDE - that'll make you use a lot less ressources.

Anyway, here's mine:

http://bjorn_mm.users.whitehat.dk/pics/ss.png

Nothing special - just created with productivity in mind. Some people might hate all the white, but somehow I've grown to like a very light desktop.

Chatterbug - why are you using gdesklets for KDE? Only use SuperKaramba for KDE - that'll make you use a lot less ressources.

Anyway, here's mine:

http://bjorn_mm.users.whitehat.dk/pics/ss.png

Nothing special - just created with productivity in mind. Some people might hate all the white, but somehow I've grown to like a very light desktop.

Lol! "note to self: Never use root whilst drunk"...

Is this is theory? :lol:

Because I can :rolleyes:

Acutally it is because I realyt liked that one Super Karamba Theme and the rest of the Karamba stuff was junk <_< Take a look at my corner XMMS player....i dare you to find somethign better than that in Karamba form.

Anyways...i have like 512MB of ram and I'll probaly go up to a gig when I feel like it....

Lol! "note to self: Never use root whilst drunk"...

Is this is theory? laugh.gif

....Don't drink and Root! LOL....

Unfortunately this is a theory that I've proven in practice. I'll just mention the result: a complete rebuild of the system. Let's not go into detail of say what I did - it wasn't rm -rf /, but something just as stupid.

The mighty power of EL acutaly made those desktops not scare me to death with there horible windowsieness....

cool thou...EL background...there shoudl be a site called www.elbackgrounds.com....LOL.

mine is the first one of Tums.... only with different icons

http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/

Windows Blinds ;)

Wallpaper is from the net: http://www.shiftedreality.com/

I like your Desktop though, looks nice. I guess I need to learn to use linux to get some thing like that? :(

Yeah, but with linux now, it's easier to learn linux than to learn a new version of windows. (Unless you decide to use Gentoo as a start...you need to wait a bit for that).

I like your Desktop though, looks nice. I guess I need to learn to use linux to get some thing like that? :(

No you dont.

Search google for litestep. not sure if its still around. Its a really powerful window manager, complicated but good.

You can make really futuristic desktops etc....

Or you can just install Linux :D

Oh, and chatterbug, that desktop is teh s3xy ;)

1) How do I use Thunderbird? It doesn't display my e-mail.

1. What domain is your email on? It DOES have POP/IMAP and SMTP hosting right?

2. You configured those servers as per instructions (ie. did you RTFM?)

desktop93.th.jpg

2 things:

1) How do I use Thunderbird? It doesn't display my e-mail.

2) Emby, you play ET? :blink:

i play ET and GB.... tell me ur ET name and i'll search u up with my All-seeing eye and tell me ur GB name so i can add u :lol:

Yeah, but with linux now, it's easier to learn linux than to learn a new version of windows. (Unless you decide to use Gentoo as a start...you need to wait a bit for that).

Yeah...for the stupid people who use KDE and a Distro like Redhat <_<

Oh ok! So i use KDE now, but I use to use Fluxbox which is not a walk int he park (prepare to do a decent amoutn of readign just to get your background to work). I had fluxbox lookign pretty cool, but I am like Eye Candy Extreme Crazy so I swited to KDE.

Plus...I woudl recomend everyone using Slcakware...you may learn a lot more than you ever would with some "newbie distro" like redhat....

Oh, and chatterbug, that desktop is teh s3xy tongue.gif

It is :) and I hope it would be after a long day of compiling, troubleshooting, and reading :D

doing what I did is not necesiarly easy...if you have patients you can do it thou...oh and also...my invisable terminal used Rxvt....yes RXVT! Everyone said you coudlne't have an invisable terminal with RXVT but I proved them wrong! Ha! all the weird peope at linuxquestions.org who said i coudlent'.... <_<

yay Rxvt B)