Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GeneralM

New Idea For Charm Cross-attribute

I know its a known fact that Entropy wants 2 use Charm for some Quests sooner or later...

but i just had this idea...

how about having a higher charm makes NPC's sell items Cheaper and/or buy items for a Higher price from you?

Lemme know what you think :(

*sigh*

Charm...needs a better use

Unused Cross-attributes

Both of them have posted better versions of this idea. Do a Search before you post next time. Other uses for Charm have also been suggested, from gaming skills to luck bonuses to enchanting weapons. Entropy has probably seen it so many times that he's sick of it.

-Lyn-

Actually Entropy is right .. there will be chars with only high charm to sell stuff.

The idea is very good so that non fighters can earn money good but it can really be abused to easy. So i would also say no. :P

and those 10 points are so easy to get that its funny...

the biggest problem is when you hit the point where you can buy something and then sell it right back for a profit. and as the game dont work with sums that go below 0 (like say 0.1 or 0.0005) the effect of 25% change in both prices becomes silly.

hmm, how about charm gives you a chance that monsters wont attack you? at the same time rip out the monster magnitism perk...

or maybe some osrt of performance related stuff?

the charm attribute is a hard one to crack as when should it apply and what is stopping the person from trying over and over until he gets the result he wants?

hmm, maybe the charm effect should be randomly applyed and only apply after the transaction have been agreed so that then the person cant back out. ie, dont make it a sure thing. only problem i see then is people trying to buy with to little gold and try to get the charm hit so that they get the item anyways. or one could disallow the transaction to get approved unless the buyer have the full amount even if later on the charm effect comes into play.

the worst thing one can have in a rpg is static effects. that makes people minmax thier stats for minimal negatives and max positives. the more randomness there is the harder it is to tell the outcome. this allso is true for the number of factors that apply so that if you have high randomness and a good deal of factors that apply you end up with guesswork for the player ;)

like hell rip the monster magnetism perk out ;)

maybe make charm give people more chance of succeeding in manufacture, or in making enriched stuff.

heh, im just airing ideas here :huh:

and how does being charming have anything to do with being better at makeing stuff?

You can use charm to sexify metal!

A high Charm could Prevent Monster Attacks, as Duran said! Higher the Charm, the less Likely a Hostile Creature will attack you. Expecially Summoned Creatures.

Also, It wouldn't be a bad idea to be able to "Charm" Wild Creatures to Temporarily Fight for you. Infact, I like that idea a lot more then Summoning.

Then, of course, there the NPCs Selling/Buying idea posted above. But to add on to it, I like the idea Race Specific NPCs, where certain Races sell to their own race cheaper while Charging other races More. Kind of Harsh but it's fairly accurate and makes the game more varied. And A High Charm level could then alter that.

...and how does being charming have anything to do with being better at makeing stuff?

You can use charm to sexify metal!

hehe yes!!

My proposal (some have been said):

- SLIGHTLY lower prices (5 charm: 1% discount on shops)

- Certain quests

- Easier to escape battles

y/N?

owh well :D ent... what im asking myself is.... why not make a 1 character per SYSTEM coding?

so that 1 Computer cants run more then 1 clients at a time

Ok idea for charm this rox and sucks.... You can goto and storage unit. You talk to the storage guy, there will be an option to charm him. Weather you charm him or not you Charm is set down to zero take 2 in game days to get full charm back. What you get when you charm the storage guy? You see someone elses storage but can onlu withdraw 1 item. Weather it be 1 gold 1 tit armour or 1 cape. This will help alot of newer people in game and create termoil. hehehe

lol what's this obsession with other people's stuff?

go find yer own pixels :blink: