Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ember

Channel Chat...

would it be to difficult to make it so the channel talk is in a different color? like dark orange or a darker shade of yellow?

it might help with the confusion from the newbs that dont see/read the message about talkin in the channel also it will help the confusion when in a crowed local chat and a very busy channel like the newbie help channel

would it be to difficult to make it so the channel talk is in a different color? like dark orange or a darker shade of yellow?

it might help with the confusion from the newbs that dont see/read the message about talkin in the channel also it will help the confusion when in a crowed local chat and a very busy channel like the newbie help channel

Couldn't this be changed via alteration of one line? I'm sure it's not that hard to accomplish.

It'd have to be optional.. or customizable.. I like it as it is, another color would mess with my head. :blink:

It'd have to be optional.. or customizable.. I like it as it is, another color would mess with my head. ;)

At the moment, colors are done on the server, so they are not going to be optional.

Maybe send the different color from the server, and have a way to map "server colors" to actual displayed colors on the client-side ? Presumably thit might also help people with disabilities and such...

Maybe send the different color from the server, and have a way to map "server colors" to actual displayed colors on the client-side ? Presumably thit might also help people with disabilities and such...

It's possible to replace colors, but mapping would probably be redundant anyway...

I do not know if this is already been thought of but it would be nice to be in 2 channel as once. Each major channel has a defining color and other random ones will have the number of channel stated before the message (ex. 345[Gnome]). This would probably cut down on spam because everyone wants to talk where everyone is (market, newb channel).

AFAIK changing colour of some message is 5 min of work for Entropy. Anyway what colour you

people suggest to make it different from PM and local chat?

Regards.