Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Colossus

Expiring Bags and Client Crash

Since 0.9.3, i have noticed the client crashing sporatidally. When it happens, it always involves bag interaction. I'm wondering if the pattern is when I interact with the bags that are about to expire? I am in WinXP.

It may be unrelated, but i have also seen phantom bags. The mouse cursor turns into a pick-up hand but i cannot open the bag or walk to the spot ... strange. Seems to happen every 100 bags (not too often).

I haven't seen it in awhile, but at one point, some bags were unclickable for me. To see the bag, I had to drop an item there. The bag opened with my item plus the rest of the contents that I could then pick up. I figured it was a rounding problem due to scaling arithmetic done by my video drivers so I didn't report it as a bug. I blamed the inaccurate click on the arithmetic problem also (going to a location next to where I clicked instead of the exact location I clicked on - mostly noticeable clicking on bags or teleporters). I haven't noticed this problem lately either.

We think we've fixed the sporadic crashing problem in the CVS version. If it isn't fixed, that means there was actually more then one problem and we haven't been able to recreate it yet.

Another crashing issue similar to the last one has been corrected and is in testing. The bad news is that it will takea major test to know if it is totally fixed.

Yes, this one had to do with the bags, more properly the particles of bags and people as they popped in and out.

I was a little bit confused, as your last post was dated from the 20. Nov 2003 ? (Just above this one)

There are posts from you in other topics with the same date.