Eternal Lands Official Forums
Mikac

Entropy Takes Money For Stats.

It will screw up the game if you will be able to buy levels for RL money. I can agree potions, temporary

stuff etc. but not that thing.

Regards.

I'm still trying to figure out exactly how it's going to screw up the whole game?

Hmmm let me contemplate on this for a bit, I'll try to look at the downside <_<

NeoSeS

One person spends money to have 20+ more levels then anyone else, then camps in KF killing anyone that enters. And for a break, goes and trains on Fluffy in South KF, sornoering the market on high end books and items.

Remember, he's selling the exp points, so by default OA goe sup, so they get PP's at the same time. Plus, this is permament, not something they can lose.

the downside isnt that bad except for those rich pricks walking around with high asslvls, and can be the best at something when they've played the game for a week

but they will still have to earn money and all that shit

But learner, it goes back to the law of diminishing utility. How long can you sit in KF and kill people before it comes boring. And what happens when people know you are sitting out there waiting to kill them and they go elsewhere? it equals out to being a VERY boring time.

wow kansle...profound...i posted somewhere about contributing meaningfully. I think we'd like to know where you stand on this issue. This kind of blatant (sp?)ignorance is unnerving. Don't go complaining when someone with higher stats PKs you or gets a better price.

You know what, All you gusy talknig about real life make me sick. You know why i play this game? To get away from reality, it is fantasy after all.

The Main thing i think that prevents most people to not do this is

GUILT!!

I got one idea though, maybe if enoghu peopel are against it we can all donate jsut liek 2 dollars to make a giant pool of money... i mean that's a lot of cash liek 2-5 bucks per person, and it rreally wont' make you or break you.

Who bought the stats?

I still expect that person will introduce himself...anyway it is a person who I personally liked and now

that person lost whole my respect.

Regards.

Well actually the temporary stats idea don't have any limit so the dev can have more money ^^

But to make it easier that potions should have different stuff:

A skill potions (different from the 1 that can't be made in game) will add 1 to the corresponding skill.

The eerrmm.... "Time" potion will add an hour to the skill (corresponding) so the skill will last longer.

Both of those don't have any limit and can be accumulated.

The potion idea can enable the dev to doing it manually everytime someone buys the temporary stats.

PS: This idea is made so the dev can earn a lot of money by ripping the rich kids :)

Devs can earn money without selling ANY stats, this is one of the reasons why it pissed me off so bad.

Regards.

You know what, All you gusy talknig about real life make me sick. You know why i play this game? To get away from reality, it is fantasy after all.

The Main thing i think that prevents most people to not do this is

GUILT!!

I got one idea though, maybe if enoghu peopel are against it we can all donate jsut liek 2 dollars to make a giant pool of money... i mean that's a lot of cash liek 2-5 bucks per person, and it rreally wont' make you or break you.

Eerrrmm..... If that's the case maybe you want to leave this post. :)

I mean if you don't want to discuss the reality, it's best to leave it. I don't have any intention to offended you though :lol:

Devs can earn money without selling ANY stats, this is one of the reasons why it pissed me off so bad.

Regards.

Eeerrrmm... I did said somewhere before that if it's the case they need money badly and can't think of any other way.

If you have some other way for them to earn money, then please state your ideas. So they can earn money by not selling stats instead of telling them to think of another idea to earn money.

Selling that temporary stats is an easy money. But yeah, it should only be done if they are desperately need the money.

learner's comment on the downside is totally correct

some1 cud calculate what they need to be the best, then buy over tht. sit in kf, pwn EVERYONE - without exception.

then smack fluffies and chim. wolfs around when they get bored, and totally OWN the high end of the market with their rare item drops.....

stats buyable = economy fucked again

Oh, and any person who choses to buy stats, i hope the community will follow mee in ignoring them COMPLETELY!!!!! no trading or interaction AT ALL.

cheaters DON'T deserve to be friends with the good people of our community...

Ok, I stopped reading from page 3, I don't have time for this shit. If this is the shit I have to take for wasting so much time working at this game, then I guess I should reconsider my priorities. Working at the game doesn't particularly make me happy, so from now on I will work at it when I have nothing better to do. For the time being, I have a lot of other better things to do, such as building a flying device inspired by a toy I recently bught. That wil take some time, so don't expect any server updates soon. In fact, I guess this is all that the free version will get. I have to wait until the p2p objects and maps are done, then I will start programing again, but exclusively for the p2p version. If you don't like it, leave.

Ok, I stopped reading from page 3, I don't have time for this shit. If this is the shit I have to take for wasting so much time working at this game, then I guess I should reconsider my priorities. Working at the game doesn't particularly make me happy, so from now on I will work at it when I have nothing better to do. For the time being, I have a lot of other better things to do, such as building a flying device inspired by a toy I recently bught. That wil take some time, so don't expect any server updates soon. In fact, I guess this is all that the free version will get. I have to wait until the p2p objects and maps are done, then I will start programing again, but exclusively for the p2p version. If you don't like it, leave.

it was mostly useless