Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dns_server

Bots

I was thinking up a fiew bot ideas:

- a carry bot

- a help bot (chats on channel 1 and answers known questions)

i have a fiew questions:

can bots use storage?

can bots kill?

can bots harvest?

can bots manufacture etc.?

The carry bot idea...what do you mean by that? And is it too close to muling?

Help bot is diificult to program, because of the number of permutations in the typical Newbie Channel conversation. In any case, there are usually enough NHs there to answer any questions. Having a bot may unnecessarily spam the channel with extra repeated help info.

-Lyn-

by carrying i mean, the ability to carry stuff for me,

ie when makeing iorn bars, i could get it to flollow me, and give me coal and fire essences. possibly have the ability to walk to storage and deposit and withdraw items and bring them back to me.

Another bot idea that i would like to create would be an auctioneer.

players would be able to give me items to auction, set a reserve, and an auction would be caried out over a fiew days.

I'm currently working on a Help bot that will also buy & sell food near beam. Currently he will be limited to answering PM's only. Later I'll look at monitoring channel 1 and sometimes answering (it depends in testing and false keyword hits before that will ge activated).

wow thats a good idea learner and you might want it (might be to ocmplicated) if i newb with like 20hp dies and spawns at beam automatically trades it and gives like 5 vegges to heal..... i dunno its just when i started playing a while ago it always took me forever to heal.

I'm currently working on a Help bot that will also buy & sell food near beam. Currently he will be limited to answering PM's only. Later I'll look at monitoring channel 1 and sometimes answering (it depends in testing and false keyword hits before that will ge activated).

Isn't that what the tavern is for?