Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pwest

A Search Storage Command

I'm talking about modifying #storage command

A Search storage command.

Like you wanted to know if you had Body Rest in storage they you would just type #storage Body rest.

and would show you just the item.

Or if you can get the store to put everything in an order so it’s easy to find.

I find it's get very confusing the way it is.

I know it may not be top priority but it's just a subjection.

Until it's been added to the client and a new version released, you're out of luck if you can't recompile the client yourself.

Both of the ideas you mentioned have been done. One to search the storage a specific item, and one to sort the #storage return values (written by me). I don't think either are in the CVS though.

But if you go to www.elrocks.com/elc you can download my client, which is based on the CVS of about a week ago and includes a few other patches too (listed on the page at that URL).

ps. If you choose to use this client, I take no responsibility. If it violates any rules (I don't think it does), it's your ass. It's like a gun: I'll make it for you, but if you shoot someone, you do the time.

Will you make me a gun? My roommate is pissing me off.

The reason those things aren't in the client is because I think they would be better handled in the server. And I didn't add your storage sort patch, because you used bubble sort, and bubble sort sucks.

ok you two, stop with the penis comparisons...

there are a lot of features held up by the fact that they need server support and only entropy works on the server code. i guess we just have wo wait it out...

Oh for god sake ....

If the man redid the patch why not apply it ?

Just because the first version was not so liked doesn't mean that the corrected version is bad ...

You know ? We all try to help to get this game better ...

I also didn't create a diff, which seemed to confuse some people. Instead of just patching their code automatically, I was forcing them to manually edit 1 file and insert nearly half a dozen lines of code. I'm a slave driver, asking the impossible as usual.

Hell, when I was a kid we had to walk 5 miles through 2' of snow in bare feet just to feed our punch cards into a machine the size of a house. You kids now, with your new fangled diff and patch programs have it too easy.