Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

Thumbnail View In Mapeditor

44 is fine

ok so heres whats done

some of the categories tiras made are a bit confusing, and he onyl did the free objects, p2p misc objects havent been done, and he forgot bones =P

• ground objects
    +flowers(including herbs)
    +Plants(grasses, cactus, plants, hay, etc..)
    +Bushes(inlcuding the ones in trees folder
    +Mounds(including snow mounds from rocks folder, and waterbanks)
    +Pathes
  • misc objects
    +Food(include plates/cups)
    +Books(including scrolls maps etc)
    +Tools and Containers
    +Lights
    +Dungeon objects(including walls from structures folder)
    +Statues Markers
  • ruins
    +Ruins
  • rocks
    +Ores(including gems)
    +rocks(everything else)
  • weapons
    +Weapons
  • structures
    +inside house
    +hosues

some of the categories tiras made are a bit confusing, and he onyl did the free objects, p2p misc objects havent been done, and he forgot bones =P but hes doing them all now

so 17 categories

Mike sent me the link to the p2p objects, so I've added those from the categories I did. and now I'm doing the interiors folder, then the trees.

edit: interiors done. I dropped throne1.e3d from misc_objects into the furniture category.

roja what exactly did you put in your structures categories??

do those include dwarf houses too?

i wanna do the rest of the structures but i dont want to do something you already did

and we are doing 2d objects too right?

i'll do house objects (doors/windows/awnings) and city objetcs (walls/towers/stairs)

Ok, well so far I only did the houses and house insides. You can do anything else in the structures folder.

that about says it ;) all the houses i did..and the insides, that's it.

Well after doing pretty much all the objs besides structures I talk to Tiras and they're done already ;) . *sighs* I figured a post for this would be in the mapmakers forum but if we are to do the 2ds let me know id like a to be able to do a little bit of work on this (not that I already have'nt <_< ).

It's all been done. I've been trying to pm you all day to Mike. Oh well. I think I'll be leaving EL soon anyways.

eek! I'm sorry you did all that work Gnome! I never meant for one person to do it all, and i thought i was clear on that but i do apologize if i wasn't. Anyway you can email me all the stuff you did, and mike and tiras please email me your up-to-date lists as well!

Thanks guys!

I knew it was'nt to be done by one person but I had no way of knowing what was done or not. I already deleted my list though.

I think I'll be leaving EL soon anyways.

ebul!

*cough* Yea, I finished the trees, I think Mike needs to finish the structures objects then we're done? unless we're doing the 2D objects aswell?

ebul=evil

gnome you can do some structure objects if you want, i REALLY dont want to do that whole foler =P

and you can do any 2d objects

just PM me what you want to do

These things should be fixed now.

I also added a replace window (you must add window_replace.c and window_replace.h to the makefile) that replaces 3d objects, but it could be extended to replace ground tiles and 2d objects too if it's needed. Ctrl+r to open the window.

hey em.. just wonder how the replace thing works, think you could explain it to me? :P

lol.. took me a bit to figure it out, almost told sadez it didn't work :P

click the object, click replace, click the object you want to take it's place..click replace ;)

hrm.. I got it now, thanks. But I was hoping it could replace a pre-placed object with a new object without having to move the pre-placed object. ..if that made any sense.. I don't imagine there's any method to edit a .elm with a text editor?

i found a problem with the browser

when i have more than 22 categories, the ones after it go out of the box, and cant be clicked on to use, so a scroller there might work

and some ideas i had are

having teh browser box automatically close would be nice =P

and maybe view more than 4 objects at once

and i am now starting camping objects (tents wagons etc) and signs

No I don't want it to auto-close mike..that would be a pain in the ass to have to keep opening it. As an option it's ok..but not really necesary.

Hazor, it does replace preplaced objects..but it replaces ALLL of them in the ENTIRE map. If you have 100 barrels scattered everywhere, and want to replace them with trees, it will do that, to ALL of them.

Hazor, it does replace preplaced objects..but it replaces ALLL of them in the ENTIRE map. If you have 100 barrels scattered everywhere, and want to replace them with trees, it will do that, to ALL of them.

ah.. I didn't realize that. thank you. :ph34r: [edit] the ice blocks are smaller than the stone bricks.. >.< [/edit]

And for the lists; I e-mailed you the last of mine.

an issue with the browser! ..I think.

Objects placed from the browser take the full path of the object on your hard drive, "c:/program files/eternal lands/path/to/file/object.e3d" for example. with the old way it does "./path/to/file/object.e3d". this is causing objects placed with the browser to turn up as the bad object box in the game. :/

or I could be mistaken about it entirely, and it be something else.. >.<

an issue with the browser! ..I think.

Objects placed from the browser take the full path of the object on your hard drive, "c:/program files/eternal lands/path/to/file/object.e3d" for example. with the old way it does "./path/to/file/object.e3d". this is causing objects placed with the browser to turn up as the bad object box in the game. :/

or I could be mistaken about it entirely, and it be something else.. >.<

You are right...it's fixed now.

i found a problem with the browser

when i have more than 22 categories, the ones after it go out of the box, and cant be clicked on to use, so a scroller there might work

and some ideas i had are

having teh browser box automatically close would be nice =P

and maybe view more than 4 objects at once

and i am now starting camping objects (tents wagons etc) and signs

The problem with the 22 categories is already fixed, you must be using an old version. Now you can have 44 (22x2columns), if more are need I could make 4 columns. And if 88 are not enough I'll add some scrolling :)