Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Platyna

Bellsouth Canada.

Guest Zeplin

Then doesnt that point to a lack of understanding BEFORE playing EL?

You are trying to solve it AFTER they start playing. Kinda seems silly to me.

edit, Ok a suggestion to fix this,

Create a menu upon running EL the first few times

Asking if a User has signed up to the forums

Has read the rules,

And understands they can be baned if they break them.

Make it swap the yes/no sides around, And the question order, So that the user actually has to read it..

WHAT?!?!! BCs are ruining role playing? You are SICK. First what we have to do as game moderators

and admins is take care about players security, of course, according to license developers are not

responsible for any password looses etc. but it is alot better when people actually knows how to avoid

problems. On every MMORPG, every game admin, game master or game moderator - whatever it is

called is doing it and no one is bitching about it.

Regards.

Guest Zeplin

So you take it personally teh banned 0n3na and make personal assumptions about me by calling me sick?

keep a level head for 5 minutes please and read my suggestion again.

Its clear you are trying to fix a problem that should be addressed before playing EL, not during and after.

So to target that area, you need to be specific, As per my suggestion Above.

edit,

Secondly what i wrote about implimenting virus-scans to stop trojans wasnt replyed to, Is this because no method to deal with this is actually being suggested? Other then avoid Trojans in #bc? lol.

Well there is a post on these forums about getting a virus scanner.

Secondly, why is it the EL Teams responsibility to protect users from viruses? They download the game and its their responsibility to protect their computers from viruses.

Thirdly, what are you talking about: Trojans in #bc's?

[Edit, Typo]

That was about ban on Bellsouth Canada, so me as devil's lawyer tried to get removed because alot

innocent users are affected. No need to spam this thread with your "rotfl" and "lol" so don't do it,

please. My point was we may inform people to read, we may inform them to avoid problems so bans

like that will be not needed. It is topic directed to game admin not to you for discussion, because since

you can't remove ban on Bellsouth Canada you are not involved and all what you can do is spam this

thread. Trojans in #bc? It only tell us how carefully you've read it before posting offtopic spam.

Regards.

That was about ban on Bellsouth Canada, so me as devil's lawyer tried to get removed. No need to spam

this thread with your "rotfl" and "lol" so don't do it, please. My point was we may inform people to read,

we may inform them to avoid problems so bans like that will be not needed. It is topic directed to game

admin not to you for discussion, because since you can't remove ban on Bellsouth Canada you are not

involved and all what you can do is spam this thread.

Regards.

I think this maybe directed to me.

teh banned 0n3na where in my thread does it say "rofl" or "lol"? I am not spamming, i am Discussing this, like everyone else on this thread! Why be so hostile towards me?

Also, none of the people who have posted on this thread for the last 5/6 posts have ability to remove ban! This is a discussion forum!!!!

Guest Zeplin

k teh banned 0n3na, Ill offer no more input. Its clear from your last post that you and the admin dont want feedback and opinion on this from the community.

It is not about feedback but about removing the ban. I know most people ARE reading broadcast so

my point was that it can be used to enlight people for their own good.

We had alot of problems with password cracking, Learner bc'd a message about thread on General

Chat, I've bc'd hints about good password, Learner looked in server logs where saw alot of password

changes. So because of two lines of blue text people has better password and will be more careful,

wasn't it worth? Learner is broadcasting location of game rules and maybe it is me but I see here proper

use of #bc command.

Regards.

edit,

Secondly what i wrote about implimenting virus-scans to stop trojans wasnt replyed to, Is this because no method to deal with this is actually being suggested? Other then avoid Trojans in #bc? lol.

teh banned 0n3na, fyi, i DID read the posts properly, my post about the bc's trojans was towards Zeplin as i didnt understand what he meant!

Maybe your not reading them properly. All we are doing here is discussing this.

Guest Zeplin

Nah placid, discussion ended before when Plat figured i ment certain mods were mis-useing #bc when that wasnt exactly what i ment at all. Im not going to create any more ill fealings and try to get my point across, Last thing i want is to get my ass baned over a grudge.

Well it is not a thread about misusage of #bc command. I've used that moderators can use #bc command

to tell people how to avoid problem as argument to make Entropy remove the ban, because I know from

my experience that it works very well. I don't think so if you will get banned because not thinking before

posting and posting absolutely offtopic. Problems here is that almost all Canadians and part of USA

are cutted off from playing this game.

Regards.

Guest Zeplin

I know what you are saying is clearly a strong arming technique to save face. Clearly the thread has progressed into more then just a thread about bellsouth specificly.

Maybe as a mod you could branch it off, And move it to the correct area, so that we can clearly discuss this futher without repocusions?

I don't think so if you will get banned because not thinking before

posting and posting absolutely offtopic

Maybe you should just inform me of how I am ment to think? Then when ever you speak i can act always the way you would expect. Thus reducing the chances of any suprise, And consequent deformation that has happened previously in this thread.

I am not a moderator on forum. Also I am not so powerful, I am only NH with ambition and ideas.

And whole purpose of thir thread was convince game admin to remove not needed ban.

Also what you want to discuss about? Proper usage of #bc command?

Regards.

Guest Zeplin

Ok ill say it again, Just so that we can be clear,

I did not intend to bring this up as a #BC conversation, It was infact to prevent unneccacry work, and messages, By implimenting a window that confirms that you understand and have read the rules upon connecting for the first few times.

SAVING you work and effort!!!!. Now instead of flameing me, How about posting more suggestions that will save you and the other mods work and effort while still being effective?

I am only NH with ambition and ideas

So show us? Im just a user, Who doesnt want to me an NH or a mod, Im quite happy to go on my own way, And play EL. On the odd occasion when i do post a suggestion, Id like to be taken seriously.

I do hope that you dont treat everyone like this, Ambition and ideas will only get you so far.

edit,

On a side note, You still didnt answer my questions,

1. Were do you want me to take this discussion, ie which forum?

2. Seeming as you have contact with those who have more power then you, can it partially be moved to a relivent area?

This is not suggestion thread for god sake! It is not a suggestion forum! Yes, there is forum like that

just scroll down when you open forum index! And yes, there you post suggestions.

Also, yes, I think some forum moderator can move part which started from your first post to suggestion

forum, and yes, someone do it, please. And no one is flaming anyone.

Regards.

Guest Zeplin

So therefore, being a user and following your example, Suggesting #bc as a method for distrobuting information about trojans, would have also been inapropriate.

Ill will learn from this, As a "do as i say not as i do" situation.

We are not all as stupid as we seem Plat. Getting angry and making comments about a persons well being, isnt apropriate behavior either.

I got angry because you've posted offtopic and made my thread go to hell. ;-(

Regards.

Oh god! ;-}

I asked to move offtopic posts not whole thread. *cries hysterically*

Regards.

The Ban section is not for discussion of Bans, it is to post about bans and why. You wanted to discuss a ban and maybe getting it removed, then it went way off topic, so entire thread ws moved, and probably should have been moved earlier.

According to that what you are saying those people who are asking to remove their ban are also

offtopic. Anyway I am not going to argue. ;-}

Regards.

The difference being that your thread was started to discuss an ISP ban wide instead of someone addressing their specific ban. Since it got bigger and other issues brought up, it made sense to move it. It might still get split, we'll have to see on that.