sigils:

increase, spirit

essences:

1 spirit essence

mana required: 5

lvl required: 7

increases mana by 25

^_^

i like the idea. fighter can use body restoration spell. mages only have the pots for their mana. that makes the mages much weaker. a lvl 40 magician should be able to kill a lvl 20 fighter with spells only. the mana restoration spell would be a step in the right direction. just hte lvl req should be much higher IMHO

ur wrong. the spell needs spirit ess. and if u call using that spell abuse then u have to call using body restoration spell abuse too. cause its basicaly the same.

No, frak, read my post again more carefully.

If I get that "increase mana" spell, all I need is 1 spirit essence and 5 initial mana to cast it. Then, I get a mana increase of 25. Therefore, there is a net gain of 20 mana with each spell cast - near-infinite growth, provided you have spirit essences.

This means that these people no longer need mana/spirit potions. Which severely damages the trade in those two potions, as then the only people that will require them are summoners (who HAVEN'T reached magic level 7).

Body restoration spell is different, because it uses mana to create health. These spells use mana to create more mana. It's an infinite loop.

-Lyn-

EDIT: Spirit Essences cost 9 gold at magic shops. For the same effect as a Spirit Rest potion (ie. +20EP), you only pay 9gc. Plus, essences are stackable.

I fully agree with Lyanna... it makes no sense to have a spell like dosen't use mana, that's what spells use, right ? And that's what potions are for.

If there's an imbalance, just give a more powerfull high-level damage spell for mages (althoguh again don't make mages too strong).

yeah this will never happen. The main reason why magic is so hard is because you not only have to have mana, but essences..and they both run out. in most games you just have mana.

But, for a fighter you have weapons..and those weapons can break. For mages you have essences which they go through more of, but, we will make some nice powerful spells eventually that should be woorth it.

If I get that "increase mana" spell, all I need is 1 spirit essence and 5 initial mana to cast it. Then, I get a mana increase of 25. Therefore, there is a net gain of 20 mana with each spell cast - near-infinite growth, provided you have spirit essences.

I know that.

But its the same with body rest spells. If u train ur char to have 200 material points and use body rest spell then u can camp at a monster spawn for hours or fight monsters that would normally need a full inventory of BR pots. And i guess u dont call that abuse.

about this spell making MRs obselete. Body restoration spell does the same with BR pots. And there is still a market for them.

as fighter u can choose to go out with BRs or HE & MRs. As magician, u only have MRs. Its just unfair. a fighter can carry much more "fuel".

heh, i guess the problem is in the openess of the game. you can be good at both combat and magic.

allso, entropy allways wanted magic to be hard...

i like varticans idea. just, with that mana u get u can cast body rest spell. So it just raises the amount of essences and time needed. and those skeptics here wont like it. theyre all cowards that want the magicians to stay weak. :D

dont think so, it was right on the menu when i talked to him without me doing any quest (sure whne i clicked on it he asked me for 50 bones but thats a diffrent story. maybe ill gather the bones :blink: )...

edit:

only effect of bringing 50 bones to that person was that i got 80 mana back. kinda nuts watching my mana bar go all the way over to the food bar :)

how about a mana restoration spell?

sigils:

restore, spirit

essences:

4 spirit essences

mana required: 15

lvl required: 20

and how about increase mana?

sigils:

increase, spirit

essences:

1 spirit essence

increases mana by 25

So you're saying that after Lvl 7 magic you should be able to cast these spells on yourself practically all day long with little to no cost?

:o BRILLIANT!

Forgotten

how about a mana restoration spell?

sigils:

restore, spirit

essences:

4 spirit essences

mana required: 15

lvl required: 20

and how about increase mana?

sigils:

increase, spirit

essences:

1 spirit essence

increases mana by 25

So you're saying that after Lvl 7 magic you should be able to cast these spells on yourself practically all day long with little to no cost?

:o BRILLIANT!

Forgotten

Do NOT insult people, except in the flames board. However, if you flame someone in the Flames board, say WHY you do that, try to explain, etc. Don't just curse them.

Complaints ARE allowed, but if you're going to complain about something, then try doing it in a meaningful, and positive manner. First take time BEFORE jumping into a post and THINK about what you're complaining about. Then state what you have a problem with, and also provide solutions to the problem, or ask people if they have any. Do NOT insult people, such as the creators of the game who have worked hard to bring you a FREE game, because they do want this game to be the best it can be.

-_-

no, im saying that it would give mages a way to get their mana back other than potions which take up lots of space and dont have much affect. and anyway, you can cast other spells practically all day (pretty much any spell) as long as you have mrs... -_-

Yes but last time I checked the potions weren't stackable while essences are... As for insulting, I did not mean to demean you in any way, but considering Radu's unwavering stance on the use of magic since the very early stages of the game, this suggestion made very little sense to me.

Forgotten