Sign in to follow this  
Killerlamb

Stupid ass facts

25% Of Americans Have Internet Access.

13 People A Year Are Killed By Vending Machines

Falling Over On Them.

22,000 Checks Will Be Deducted From The Wrong

Account Over The Next Hour.

50% Of Bank Robberies Take Place On Friday.

60% Of Electrocutions Take Place While Talking

On The Phone During A Thunderstorm.

Did you know that in New Mexico, over eleven thousand people

have visited a tortilla chip that appeared to have the face of Jesus Christ burned into it?

Most of facts on the net are just statistics and some are faked. I checked on the net which says a baby is born every 6 seconds, and a person dies every 8 seconds. How the hell can you figure that out? Do they have a monitor in everyone? Hmm.

Most of facts on the net are just statistics and some are faked. I checked on the net which says a baby is born every 6 seconds, and a person dies every 8 seconds. How the hell can you figure that out? Do they have a monitor in everyone? Hmm.

Statistics and math, maybe?

Sorry Nitrix, but I feel so much stupider from reading that post.. Entropy restored me sort of though, thank you Ent.

Food for thought .....

If all the people in China stood on kitchen chairs, then jumped and all landed on the ground at exactly the same time, would the Earth move?

The answer does not matter but the visual of a billion people standing on kitchen chairs and jumping at the same time cracks me up.

Maybe if we got everybody in the world to run in the same direction at the same time we could slow the earth's rotation...

Also, if you lined up everyone in China into a single file line and tried to count them, you'd never reach the end, because the birth rate is so high. Of course, this is assuming that people are having kids while in line, and those kids are being passed to the back of the line and . . . ok, it's retarded, but it's funny to think about too.

The average woman will spend 28 hours of their life puting on lipstick

Americans eat 6 billion pounds of pizza a year.

Dogs see in color.

Snapple is made from the best stuff on earth.

Turtles can breathe out their ass

Mr. Hanky is made up of Cheetos and Beer

I am bored

6 Billion pounds... OMFG! I only eat like 5 peices a year!

If all the people in China stood on kitchen chairs, then jumped and all landed on the ground at exactly the same time, would the Earth move?

I know that one! *jumps up and down*

It'll move a bit, back and forth!

hehe...

I'll tell you why.

First, the Chinese ppl jump up, thus pulling on the Earth a bit harder(getting the Earth to move in the direction the Chinese are jumping to).

Then, all those Chinese ppl would fall down again, hitting the ground, pushing the Earth down again, excactly into it's former orbit again.

Had that in Physics class about three weeks ago...

lets hope that never happens, even though I doubt 1.6 billion people on a average weight about 200 billion pounds. The force of them all jumping should push the earth, then the force of them landing should push the earth more, given that they could move the earth at all. Seeing as how the rocks on earth alone weigh (molten included) weight over 900 billion pounds, thats just my estimate, it should be allot more than that. Probably in the trillions. I think it would more likely sink China than make the earth move. =P.

Which is more unlikely from the semi-factual evidence I have given you, you decide.

Hehe, this is going to be nice discussion :)

Lemme tell you what happens when a chinese jumps.

1. Chinese stands still, the Earth pulls on him, but he also pulls on the Earth (else there would be an overall force of +800 Newton directed to the core of the Earth, moving the Earth around).

2. Chinese jumps up, he pulls on the Earth, while the earth pulls less hard on him (resulting in a positive force of a few Newton directed away from Earth)

3. While Chinese is in the air, he pulls a bit on the Earth, getting it to move towards him (the force of one Chinese is really weak compared to the size of the Earth though, so the Earth wont really move)

4. The Chinese falls down, still pulling on Earth, although with less force.

5. Chinese lands, as he feels a shock in his knees, there is a force that pulls him to the Earth, logic dictates this force equals the force which the Chinese preformed on Earth in step 3 (only in the oposite direction), thus giving the Earth a little bump back into its former orbit.

6. Chinese stands still once more, we're back at step 1

The only thing that really differs with a few billion Chinese ppl, is the force preformed on the Earth, thus also the movement the Earth makes. The more Chinese ppl jump, the bigger the movement out of Earth's orbit will be.

in which perspective of gravity are we talking about?

i heard an interesting theory on gravity a while ago. it said that gravity is but a mere illusion, that the truth is that everything doubles in size every split second. we would not notice it (if you don't agree on that, think about the fact that we ar hurtling around the sun at a massive speed while rotating whith massive speed) take a marball and a bowling ball, double the size, and the marble would not have grown much, but the bowling ball would. say you dropped a cup on the ground, the earth would double in size and the cup would too, the ends would approach every while until they hit and the force of the doubling planet could break the cup, but it would look like the cup "fell".

Im not sure who made this theory up, lots of poeple took credit for it (a cartoonist, a physicist, a philosopher, a mental patient...)

Newton's third law states for every force their is an opposite....

What if our galaxy is just an atom of an object in another? Sure it seems odd however if you look at what a theorized atom looks like and look at the galaxy it really makes you wonder :roll: (sure they aren't the EXACT same but the universe could be different than this on)

Hmm...for every force there is an opposite...

What's the opposite of a fart?

A fart is when too much air builds up in your intestines. Air is matter and takes up space and when your body releases it, that frees up some space. All that air contains different materials, like Methane. The Heat comes from your core. There is no plasma type energy involved like Fire or Light, it's mass moving around. I don't know what the opposite would be, unless you think of a vacuum... but I'm not sure. Oh and did you know if you could hold in your fart for 4 years you would explode with the power of a nuclear bomb. :D

err, I hate newtons theories, none of them are sound. He did get one thing right though, gravity is a form of measurement opposite to the general belief of it being a "thing". Like time or metric units, gravity is the measurement of a accumulated ammount of energy or mass in a specific area.

When the chinesse jump them jumping (if the earth were to even move) would push the earth away from them in the direction of them jumping geometricly to a angle at which they all coinside. The only force that would relate them to the earth physically after they jump is the partricals around them. And it is the particles directly above each of them that would wiegh them down. However who is to say that when they jump the mass below them isn't replaced.

It would be like as if when I jump directly below me for a fraction of a moment there is a gap in space where nothing exists. Then in that and in only that case would the earth be pulled even slightly.

=D

Thats all just common sense though. =P You dont need newton to tell u that. I mean the man didnt know things fell till a apple hit him on the head. (folk lore) IT was really aliens and they probed him and sent a clone of him back to earth to teach us the wrong things about physics.

:roll:

Actually since you're on Earth, or a solid body in space there would be mass to replace below you. Atmosphere needed of course. On Earth, the atmosphere is surrounding you and the Earth like a dome. When you jump, air (which counts as mass) moves in below you and pushed back out and away when you come back down. You can't get the Earth to come towards you because even though you have gravity the Sun and every other force in the universe is also pulling on it. Your force is too small even though very close to move the Earth because the Sun which is quite larger and close (on an astronomical scale) neutralizes your gravity and overweighs it greatly. Even when you jump the Sun pulls you, but you stay on Earth because you are closer and it is huge compared to you. It's very confusing, but think about it like everything in the universe is being pulled together by gravity to one another, but because of that most of it stabalizes and does not move much- it cancels out because gravitons have infinite range, but can vary in strength.

You know, actually I don't really care what happens if all the Chinese jump at the same time... They won't be stupid enough to do it :)