Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aerowind

Katana/steel Long/other Really Cool Swords

Well first of all i searched before i posted this so i found out the steel long is the supposed katana but since katana's were used by ninja's and samurai's and samurai's used two swords a lot of the time (ninja's did sometimes also) i was thinking a steel long sword could be used for 2 wpns (2 swords) so then when both of them are equipped there not like all mighty (of course there not going to be if both of them are equipped there might be a +1 or +2 defence bonus and mabye a +2 or +3 attack bonus to each attack) cuz when someone suggested this before it wasn't limited to steel long

Ent was worried that someone would equip like two titan serps get more defence then a shield have a lot of attack power and woop everyone even more so it would mainly be like for peeps that want to look cool and stuff like taht u know wut i mean

and then a two handed sword (first of all make the iron broad two handed) then have a big straight long sword (called Two-handed sword) then u can have like dagger and sabre's and scimitar's and staves and crap i have to many idea for wpns ... and i could come up with the stats for all of them (don't forget the ever cool naginata)

Sorry dear, but this is not Japan. This is Eternal Lands. A land of a ... Mythologic Magic. Hince Elves and Dwarves which would not be seen in the mid-evil based times. Also Lord of the Rings bases thier characters the same. Legolas and umm.. I forgot the dwarvs name but eh.. I'd hate to see Kitanas in a Mythologic type erra.

Katana's were a ninja's/samurai's sword ninja's and samurai's were from the mythological era uh DER

Sorry dear, but this is not Japan. This is Eternal Lands. A land of a ... Mythologic Magic. Hince Elves and Dwarves which would not be seen in the mid-evil based times. Also Lord of the Rings bases thier characters the same. Legolas and umm.. I forgot the dwarvs name but eh.. I'd hate to see Kitanas in a Mythologic type erra.

I see SO many things wrong with that post

Ent was worried that someone would equip like two titan serps get more defence then a shield have a lot of attack power and woop everyone even more so it would mainly be like for peeps that want to look cool and stuff like taht u know wut i mean

maybe make it so it has -defense but +attack like -10 def or -15 hell maybe even

-20 depending on the sword like -5 for iron sword and the stronger then more negative def come to duel weilding but have +attack bonuses

other Really Cool Swords

hrm... we should have rapiers! more accuracy, slightly less dmg, and a little more def than other swords! ^_^

i think the only hard thing about implementing dual-wielding would be doing the animations(you dont want you character looking like a 5 year old swinging plastic tubes)

dual wielding is like this it's the normal slash animation just u have swords in both hands u slash with one sword then the other then u try and block (crossing ur swords)

To bad Ent seems to have issues with spending an extra few days on his butt typing. This would be a really neat thing to have implemented. Ive thoght of it myself.

i posted something like this a looong time ago and it was ignored. Good luck aerowind :) ! maybe the admins will favor you over me...at least i hope so.

meh i haven't seen the admins look at my suggestions in like months... hmmm... wonder why?? maybe cuz most of things i have suggested were near impossible to program for Ent, Learner, or Cicero (the only programmers at the time)

my post was somewhere along the lines of oriental weapons and armors and islands/villages....hmm wonder if its still floating around on here?......

edit: found it!!! http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...owtopic=880&hl=

O.o this suggestions was just for like steel long swords (look similar to katanas which are commonly used as dual wielded wpns)

Katana's were a ninja's/samurai's sword ninja's and samurai's were from the mythological era uh DER

Actually, the off-hand weapon used with a Katana was more often the 'Wakizashi', wich was a smaller sword with similar appearance.

As for Ninjas using them.. they used smaller swords, varrying in style, often called "ninja-to"'s, sometimes resembling the Katana. ...although, I could be misinformed entirely.

Duel-wielding would be nice though. ^_^

I was thinking more a spiraled basket hand cage on the rapier, myself. ;)

I was thinking more a spiraled basket hand cage on the rapier, myself. ;)

I was thinking of a curved guard, but I don't know how to do that.... and I don't know how to render stuff, so what you see is just a screenshot of the perspective viewpoint...