Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Colored Water

Ok so i just turn the dungeon on then for maps with lava and swamp water, anything i want no reflections in an dblue sky, right?

Not quite. What I was thinking was that real and dungeon water (tiles 0 and 231) always reflect, and the rest of the water tiles never reflect.

(For dungeons, the "sky" color - the above-mentioned quad - is almost black, and hence water won't get the blue tint here.)

Well what if i want to make more than 1 regular water? You know, like a darker realistic looking water, maybe a muddy water, etc? Can you at least reserve 5 slots for regular reflective water?

I suppose I could... If you're running Linux..? ;)

She runs windows I think...if window re-size is fixed, I can make one...if she runs win XP :\ (Stupid using standard windows dialogs in mapeditor, can't port between all versions of windows)

The water tiles work great! ;)

But now when I maximize the window it turns all black, and the menu bar is white and blue.

For now I made the SDL_SetVideoMode fix #ifdef LINUX, as at least it works on that platform.

Anyway, if you want to try the ~hackish patches for windows resizes on windows get init.c and events.c from:

http://bjorn_mm.users.whitehat.dk/elc_patches/init.c

http://bjorn_mm.users.whitehat.dk/elc_patches/events.c

Tell me if they're working, then I'll unhack them and create gl_init.{c,h}...

Edited by Wytter

Try this Roja:

http://bjorn_mm.users.whitehat.dk/elc_patches/mapedit.exe

Tell me, are you seeing the same thing as I am? Well, resizes are working, but my particle window seems broken - there's no text at all... Haven't gotten the other Win32 builds of the map editor working either, so I think it's just a problem with some of my libs.

Windows is not exactly my platform of choice, and it's been years since I used it the last time, so I have probably made some strange fuckup. Anyway, if the resizes are working a long with everything else, I'll commit it.

Edited by Wytter

OK, since Roja told me it was working I added gl_init.{c,h} to CVS and committed my changes. Video resizes should be working fine on both Windows and Linux now.

whoo hoo! I made some kick ass lava :)

Hey, is there really no way to make different colored reflective waters? Would be nice if that tile0.bmp texture color had more say into the color of the water. I understand if it's not possible..no biggie.

Well, we could do something like this:

What we could try, is simply to increase the water alpha to something like 140, which would mean less sky color and more water texture color. It would also mean less color reflected from objects, though.

I've got no time to mess around with it at the moment, though. Maybe on sunday.

Ok, I tried increasing the alpha a bit. The only problem is that with increased alpha we won't get the nice reddish water at sunset and dawn*. If that doesn't matter, I'll commit an updated version.

(* Well, it will be slightly red, but the more of the water color that comes from the tile, the less will come from the sky, and hence less red color at dawn and dusk.)

Is it normal that the alphabet is showing on the water ?

I noticed it in the Morcraven Marsh Caves.

[EDIT]: Ok, thanks Leeloo, didn't bother to search for it :P

Greetz,

Salem

Edited by Salem