Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

Map Editor Again :)

I just tried that ctrl+w random object placement, it is REALLY nice ;) Would we be able to go a step further and specify the angle for the random rotation? For instance, I only want tree1.e3d to rotate no more than 45degrees on the Z axis. So it would randomly rotate between 0-45degrees. I'd type in the exact number, or there'd be a selecter that goes by degrees of 5 or 10 to scroll through the numbers. Default it would be 0-360.

If this is not possible then don't worry abotu it..i'm don't want to be a pain :rolleyes:

But one more thing we do need, and that is to keep the 3d object on the mouse, the way 2d objects work. When you right click, it will dissapear from the mouse.

Oh, and there is no Y rotation for 2d objects. Can this be fixed as well? Also make sure that the Y rotation saves when an object is duplicated.

I just tried that ctrl+w random object placement, it is REALLY nice :) Would we be able to go a step further and specify the angle for the random rotation? For instance, I only want tree1.e3d to rotate no more than 45degrees on the Z axis. So it would randomly rotate between 0-45degrees. I'd type in the exact number, or there'd be a selecter that goes by degrees of 5 or 10 to scroll through the numbers. Default it would be 0-360.

If this is not possible then don't worry abotu it..i'm don't want to be a pain :D

It's done :)

About keeping the 3d object under the mouse, you can do that with control, or do you want to have this without pressing it?

oh thanks so much!! I can't wait until ent compiles it :o And I forgot that holding ctrl down does that..I have to update the manual

:o

Actually we're not doing anything else with the maps than usual Fred, although i'm trying to make things easier by getting these things implemented, and i'm also trying to get some more map makers to get things rolling B)

Great job on this Sadez..I finally got to try it out! :D

There are just two things that would finish it off if you can do it:

1. If you hold the mouse button down, let the numbers move(instead of clicking 300+times to get to a small angle #).

OR..even better....(if possible)

Be able to type in the # you want for the angle & height.

2. Make the min/max angles adjustable for EACH axis. It is not very effective the way it is now, because for instance if I want to randomly place trees...well, the Z axis needs to have 360 random rotation. However the X and Y you don't want more than 10 degrees of rotation.

That's about it....oh in fact, there is a bug unrelated to this that i've found.

With the ground tiles, when I select a new tile, it is automatically placed instead of staying on my mouse and waiting for me to place it(as if i double clicked). Same thing happens when I try to duplicate a ground tile. It "double clicks" itself.

Now you can specify a random interval for the angles in each axis. To introduce angles faster you can use ctrl+leftclick(100 increment) and alt+leftclick(10).

ou that sounds great :D Now i gotta bug ent to compile it for me...hm..i should learn how to do that one of these days...

Beautiful!!! thanks it works great! Ent FINALLY compiled it for me :D

I found a small bug though, unrelated to that. In ground tile mode, I know that someone made it so you can "draw" the tiles like in minimap mode, but in the regular mode(putting one tile down at a time). And now it doesn't work. Can someone fix it?

Beautiful!!! thanks it works great! Ent FINALLY compiled it for me :P

I found a small bug though, unrelated to that. In ground tile mode, I know that someone made it so you can "draw" the tiles like in minimap mode, but in the regular mode(putting one tile down at a time). And now it doesn't work. Can someone fix it?

I can't reproduce this bug, I can put ground tiles without problems. Does this start happening after doing something?

hm..no i just open the map editor, go to ground tile mode, click a tile and try draw the tiles and it doesn't work. Ent recompiled it and it still didn't work...maybe he can talk with you to figure it out or something.

The only modification I did to the CVS code was to change the path of the client_server.h thing, that's all. Unless you changed that file, I don't really see why it works on your computer. Try to do a rebuild all, you might have some old o files...

Sadez, any luck with this yet? I want to pass that map editor out to people very soon, and this is kinda a big feature(which you find out once you start click click clicking.. :))

I tried this again with a clean compile and it still works :?

I go to ground tile mode, pick a tile, make click on the map and the tile gets updated as it should.

WAit... are you just clicking to place the tile? because if so, sure that works just fine. What I meant was to hold DOWN the left mouse button and "paint" the tiles, just like in m mode(except you hold the right mouse down). This makes it easier cause you don't have to wear out your finger by constantly clicking.

Hey..

Whenever you place an object it gets an ID # in consecutive order. #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, .....

If you delete object 3, then object 4 will become 3, and 5 will become 4. Is there any way to make it so that the ID's remain permanent? If I delete 3, 4 should stay 4, 5 should stay 5, and then when I place the next object it can become object 3, to fill in the space.

The reason why I'd like this to happen is that when we make the .def files the ID's need to be specific, and if we need to go back and edit any maps we have to be very careful not to delete anything-otherwise we have go back through the whole map and check each id....which can be a big pain if you do need to delete stuff. It's not that big of a deal, so if it can't be done or whatever don't worry abotu it ;)

Yeah, that would be a nice addition, but the client has to be modified as well, and we might have to place a virtual null object in the place where the deleted objects go. If a new object is added, it should replace the first virtual null object.

please forgive me for being really stupid but... i've down loaded the new map editor (whatever the last release was), and i can't do any random placing. I've consulted the manual and i can't get it to work...is there anything i could be doing wrong? is this stuff even on the last release?

I'm not really proficient in map making yet...but i'd like to be, i've made a few maps and submitted one. I like to be self sufficient in many things, and perhaps even help out where i can. Any answers you can provide would be very helpful. Also, i'd like to learn about transferring from one map to another (clicking on a door = going inside), do i have to learn programming in order do this (i know a little C++)? And how can i get updates to my editor, (can i use my own dev compiler to fix)? If so...how?

Once again sorry for the off topic, and my ignorance. If need be, please move it to help forum. I know there are a lot of questions...so answer them if you please. If not, eh, i'll do what can to be happy with what i have. :D