Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Malaclypse

Ebuild For 1.0.0 Version?

Hello,

today i come back from a 10 day vacation and saw that there has much changed in EL world.

I'm running gentoo linux and installed the 0.9.9 version using the ebuild provided in some thread

on the old forum. Unfortunately i didn't found an ebuild for the 1.0.0 version within the new forums.

Is there already one available? If not, i'm willing to adjust the 0.9.9 ebuild and post it here, if somebody

can tell me the location of the archive for the new client, and if there is need to change any of the

functions within the ebuild ( for example because there are new files/dirs ).

-- EDIT --

ok, i simply renamed the 0.9.9 ebuild to 1.0.0 and it seems to work.

But i got another problem. I tried to compile the latest cvs version and it seems

missing an e3dlist.txt file. Maybe I updated the client in the middle of a work in progress :ph34r:

But anyway is this file available anywhere for download?

There really aren't any useful changes in CVS right now. Just stick with the ebuild. If you insist though, the e3dlist.txt is actually in CVS. Just copy it to your game directory. I really wouldn't reccommend trying to keep up with CVS right now though, because we're going to be making changes that would affect a lot of the game data files. Unless you want to redownload the game as often as you update CVS, just stick to the 1.0.0 snapshot.

Also, if you want to track the progress of the ebuild, keep an eye on the bug report for it (search Gentoo's bugzilla for "eternal"). There is actually an updated version, but it's mostly just more cleaned up to make the Gentoo devs happy.

Thanks Cicero,

I already downloaded the file during the last cvs update last night. Unfortunately

I didn't look into the source dir for this file. It works now.

Despite your warning I think I will try to stick with the cvs version anyway.

Thanks again

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this