Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aira

Crashing issues..

Okay, when ever I go to a new map or enter a house, the game crashes...

Like, if I hop on the boat from Isla Prima to White Stone... the game just shuts down on me..

Then, when I open the game back up, I'm on the new map.. can anyone help me so I don't have to continuously open the game?

Since the update I recieve an error message "EL has caused an error in el.exe" and the game shuts down. This happens on a regular basis, several times a day. Sometimes I can restart the game with no problems, other times I need to restart the comp for the game to run.

There is nothing in my error log. Did I miss something somewhere?

Please help me stop the madness........

I have the same problem only that the game crashes when I try to pick up a bag. Its random though, sometimes I can pick up 20 bags after killing a monster without crashing and other times I can only pick up 1 or 2 bags before I crash. When I open the bag window the game freezes and about 2 seconds later a error comes up saying that 'el.exe has an error and needs to close'. I have Windows XP with a NVIDIA TNT for my card. This never used to happen before the patch either. Nothing comes up in error log either.

man i feel glad. ive never had any problems what so ever with the game. not a single one, since version 0.3 or what the first one was called! :P [no problems that were not made by entropy in the code that is]

Thats really helpful Trop. now we can end world hunger because your really helpful post!

Trop: Your post is also worthless

FUCK YOU antinonmade-upificationated tropicano!

:shock: Well, okay then.....

I was told that my video card is really old. :P

It is an Intel®82810E Graphics Controller. I see a button to download the latest software and drivers so I am going to check that out as soon as I'm done posting this.

My point again is that I didn't have this problem before the update but I do now. I never made the association with the open bags but last night was really bad for the errors and every time it happened I had a bag open. Still nothing is showing in my error log.

:P

Even with the elc.exe I'm crashing. Not as often but it gives me the error "ELC has caused and error in elc.exe and will now close". Or something to that order.

No open bags with these crashes.

Not the worst problem I've ever had but thought you'd like to know. Thanks for trying to fix the problem. :D

Even the latest elc.exe was crashing during that party. I have been unable to track that bug down so far, but I have a couple ideas.

I have the same problem only that the game crashes when I try to pick up a bag.  Its random though, sometimes I can pick up 20 bags after killing a monster without crashing and other times I can only pick up 1 or 2 bags before I crash.  When I open the bag window the game freezes and about 2 seconds later a error comes up saying that 'el.exe has an error and needs to close'.  I have Windows XP with a NVIDIA TNT for my card.  This never used to happen before the patch either.  Nothing comes up in error log either.

Me too! It started happening with 0.9.x

Even the latest elc.exe was crashing during that party. I have been unable to track  that bug down so far, but I have a couple ideas.

Where did it crash?

Another crashing issue similar to the last one has been corrected and is in testing. The bad news is that it will takea major test to know if it is totally fixed.

Yes, this one had to do with the bags, more properly the particles of bags and people as they popped in and out.

Not sure why I didn't show up as the poster for the last one, I am logged in. That last post about another crashing bug & particles was posted by me, Learner.

Now will this one post correctly? The funny thing is in another window I had just posted as LEarner the exact same text.

:(

I just crashed for the third time today. I haven't been on all that much today but have noticed a couple of real problems.

This last crash happened as I was nearing Desert Pines storage. I had been there earlier, as in minutes, before and was lagging terribly. As I got closer to it this time I began to lag and then I recieved the error message. It was night time, if that matters.

Earlier today I was in WSC and was lagging when the rains started and errored then as well.

:D