Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cricket_God

Monster Area restrictions

I don't think that agressive monsters should be able to wander into towns. I litteraly just entered portland through the boat and got ambushed by a goblin which killed me and I lost all but my leather gloves. (this includes steel longsword, chainmail, iron shield, and about 20k worth of gold) It may not be safe to venture out of the towns but it should atleast be safe in them.

Ok 1 question

1. What cloak are you talking about, how much does it cost, and are there any level restrictions on it (such as you have to has a certaint level of manufacturing)?

Also, Neubies in the game will probably not be able to obtain such things. Same with people who have recently reached level 7 where you can barely kill a dear and everything that isn't a bunnie can kill you and when you die you lose items. At that point in the game your chances of losing you items is fairly high because of you high risk of being killed by an agressive moster that has wandered out of it's usual area. That is why I think that the monsters should not be able to enter the towns (I realise that with small villages don't have walls to protect them so it may make since for the monsters to enter those but places like Portland that have huge brick walls should be safe from things like goblins).

GO BACK TO N00B ISLAND AND FIGHT FUCKING RABBITS THEN! Gosh, fight rabbits till you can at least kill dear. Then kill dear 'till they an barely touch you. Carry around 3 or 4 potions then you will have no gob problems...n00bs

Um, there are no rabbits on noob island, killerlamb...in fact only mods and admins can return there, unless you create a new character...

...I think ya mean isla prima :wink: right?

Take a look at the maps on the website. Also read there descriptions. Some maps hafe an (F) flag, others a (NF) map. If you are low-;level you should stay away from (F) maps. F is for fighting. Also, some (NF) maps can have offensive creatures, like the village of the dwarves. This is mentioned on the website as well.

In short: get advice and read. yesterday there were 93 people on line, of wich 85 propabely could have told you NOT to go to Portland alone with 7 combat.

Real Life is dangeurous. So is EL.

I litteraly just entered portland through the boat and got ambushed by a goblin which killed me and I lost all but my leather gloves.

You can make it back to portland in time to get your bag, from the underworld..provided that nobody stole it in the meantime.

lol got ambushed and pked by a gob. then it stole your items =D. Those gobs sound like pros.

*takes notes*

hmm, guards at gates that dont move unless a hostile mosnter gets to clsoe, then they get into a fight...

or maybe put in a bit of code that tells the monsters that they cant get closer then so and so to this spot, allmost like garlic on a vampire :D