Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DogBreath

Step by Step how to

Can someone please make a step by step on how to compile the bot code please?  It's been so long since it's been compiled that I'm having issues with Visual Studio 4.0 errors...

Thanks in advance,

DB

P.S. I'm interested in both IX and windows compilations

Edited by DogBreath
Addition

There is no such thing as 'the bot code'. I know of several, and they are written in different languages, with different dependencies...

Otoh, if you have issues with a specific code under a specific compiler, you could post the error messages you got

(the whole log, not just the last few lines, as an attachment)

PM from Duck: [Hello, I am a C# bot by DogBreath.                ]
[PM from Duck: [Version: 2011.2.17.7                              ]
[PM from Duck: [--------------------------------------------------]
Was talking about this bot code, to be specific.  Or, an example of compiling the actual game client would suffice as it's raising the same issues.

Thanks for the reply,

DB

You are again asking for how-tos, now explicitly for two different codes in different languages (bot: C#, client: C & C++).

You also say that you have issues compiling those codes. That in itself means that a how-to won't really help you;

but it would require significant effort to write one. No way...

But ok, if you don't want to post the logs you get when compiling, good luck.

Edited by revi

C:\Users\Josista\OneDrive\Desktop\BotCode\CS-ELBot\CS-ELBot>msbuild cs-elbot.csproj
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 16.10.1 for Mono
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Build started 8/15/2023 5:21:23 AM.
Project "C:\Users\Josista\OneDrive\Desktop\BotCode\CS-ELBot\CS-ELBot\cs-elbot.csproj" on node 1 (default targets).
C:\Program Files\Mono\lib\mono\msbuild\15.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1232,5): error MSB3644: The ref
erence assemblies for .NETFramework,Version=v4.0 were not found. To resolve this, install the Developer Pack (SDK/Targe
ting Pack) for this framework version or retarget your application. You can download .NET Framework Developer Packs at
https://aka.ms/msbuild/developerpacks [C:\Users\Josista\OneDrive\Desktop\BotCode\CS-ELBot\CS-ELBot\cs-elbot.csproj]
Done Building Project "C:\Users\Josista\OneDrive\Desktop\BotCode\CS-ELBot\CS-ELBot\cs-elbot.csproj" (default targets) -
- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Josista\OneDrive\Desktop\BotCode\CS-ELBot\CS-ELBot\cs-elbot.csproj" (default target) (1) ->
(GetReferenceAssemblyPaths target) ->
  C:\Program Files\Mono\lib\mono\msbuild\15.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1232,5): error MSB3644: The r
eference assemblies for .NETFramework,Version=v4.0 were not found. To resolve this, install the Developer Pack (SDK/Tar
geting Pack) for this framework version or retarget your application. You can download .NET Framework Developer Packs a
t https://aka.ms/msbuild/developerpacks [C:\Users\Josista\OneDrive\Desktop\BotCode\CS-ELBot\CS-ELBot\cs-elbot.csproj]

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:02.07

I get a similar error trying to compile the game client.  As I stated.  Not really sure how much more information I can provide.

You did try to install the "developer pack" (as suggested in the error message), and not just the runtime? They are different.

I did.  Unfortunately it's still giving the same error.  I'm now trying to install ix on a new partition and trying to compile it from that direction.  As I understand it there's a converter that will produce a window's exe from the ix build.