Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jimbob

Conquer - So much better than el

I recall that entropy once said he didnt object to a little mentioning of the competition.. so I will just say that the only reason most people i know play el isnt for its limited items, its very limited monsters, its dull monotonous leveling, its complete lack of need for any skill, the need for constant clicking, the constant updates that only make the game worse or the extremely limited gameplay. I could go on with whats wrong with the game.. but there is little point. The only reason most people i know play at the moment is because of their friends and the community.

So I suggest everyone check out www.conqueronline.com - it has amazingly good gameplay and... well check it out for yourselves. If you bring your friends, then your not loosing the community

Let's check the system requirements... Well, I have enough RAM. Disk space should also be good enough, but it's going to get tight. And everything else would need to be replace. No thanks.

Apart from the higher system requirements, their description is much like EL. And what's up with the DragonBall thing? Isn't DragonBallZ for kids?

I went there and checked out the screenshotsm are the backgrounds prerenderd (like in FF7 for eg.) or are they 3d? seems cute, but i cant, will not, wont ever play a manga game :) and thats exactly what this is :cry:

hey ive played it,the game ran fine on my system but on the the overall game play...the only good part is constantly jumping around and the game play has more than a little resemblance to knight-online...... :lol:

overall i give it a 4/10

i might have played it IF it wasnt 3 DAYS download..

btw another good game is MU online, sort of like diablo with with wayy bettter graphics/etc. i really need friends on there though :)

www.muonline.com

3. It is recommended that you run the download overnight.

600mb? No thanks.

2d backgrounds? That's like walking across a comic strip...

And hacking the client is half the fun of EL for me.

Dont go by the screenshots... Thats what i did and put off playing it for months. It really is good once you get into it. And its not manga. Granted the graphics could be better.. but compared to el the only thing its lacking is the ability to have true three dimensionality. And if you ever zoomed in in el youd know that the graphics in this arent very good either. So enough out of you brick faced pizza boy.

The game is like el, but.. oh well. dont play it if you dont want to. Im not trying to convince everyone to come. Especially not people like leeloo who are going to be stubborn and not play. And i dont give a damn cos i dont know her well. But it really is worth a look at if you have the time to download it.

Dull and monotonous? i think hes talking about el. Chaotic? yes at times but thats the fun of it. You cant have a good game without a bit of a thrill. It isnt unorganised chaos. You can work in teams, you can... look for yourself.

Hacking the client.. cant say much to that except that the client is useless if the code on the server is crap

The game is like el, but.. oh well. dont play it if you dont want to. Im not trying to convince everyone to come. Especially not people like leeloo who are going to be stubborn and not play.

Would you download a game, if it required buying a new computer?

Actually, I kinda liked the graphics, at least in some of the screenshots.

is that mu online free or p2p, i played one before in a different country, and it cost a lot, and ppl there cheats,

compleatly free.

only thing is that its boring without friends ;,(

No leeloo i wouldnt. I was just saying that if i cant get everyone to play... well then I was expecting that. :D

Conquer online is an ok game,

problem is it's not really 3D, more of a top-down isometric view with 3D characters added, so you can't really control the camera.

It has some neat features, like the ability to upgrade weaponsarmor ( that's what dragonballs are for) various ways. and you can mine there too, mine for goldcopperirongems. one big difference is QUESTS there are tons of npc's with lots of quests.

So once you get bored with those new features it's back to the level grind, kill, kill, kill. and everyone in the game jumps everywhere, it's quicker but looks stupid.

now if you are looking for a game where you can just kill hundreds of monsters all day Conquer is cool, but I would suggest Priston Tale,

http://eng.pristontale.com/

it's a little heavy on the system req's and the download is big, but the game is beautiful (even though all you can do is fight monsters and explore).

Graphics are awesome and the community itself is huge (plus you don't need to spend 10+ hrs online so you character can read a stupid book

Granted the graphics could be better.. but compared to el the only thing its lacking is the ability to have true three dimensionality. And if you ever zoomed in in el youd know that the graphics in this arent very good either.

Very smart to compare the graphics of a 3D game with a 2D game and say they are ~equivalent.

Granted the graphics could be better.. but compared to el the only thing its lacking is the ability to have true three dimensionality. And if you ever zoomed in in el youd know that the graphics in this arent very good either.

Very smart to compare the graphics of a 3D game with a 2D game and say they are ~equivalent.

lol @ that :idea: im still downloading it... 33% :roll:

i might have played it IF it wasnt 3 DAYS download..  

btw another good game is MU online, sort of like diablo with with wayy bettter graphics/etc. i really need friends on there though  :D  

www.muonline.com

ill be your friend :wink: add sirdan to your friends list (might not be on for a while they wont send me my password i wish they dident reset them i lost the email :cry: )

LoL i remmeber tellin sirdan that! omfg 500 megs and change lol i just said * smeg it*

yep MU Online is pretty good 8)

Sirdan, u can just email them that u lost ur email so trhey can send ya a new V Key :wink:

FOr those that havbn't played this game check it out, koo game (when u have time (chance, bored, ect..)

Have a nice day,

Kayuo

If ur tired of "dull monotonous leveling" try A Tale in the Desert. It comepletely gets rid of this problem by having no levels at all. It isnt for every1 though. there is no fighting at all. the game is more about teamwork and working with other players. it is set in ancient egypt and if u thought that EL is complex or confusing it is nothing. this game is extremely complex and intricate. it is p2p but there is a 24 hour free trail if u want to try it. it has been up for about a year and a half and will be ending soon but A Tale in the Desert 2 will start soon after Tale 1. check it out at http://www.atitd.com.

ok, my brother is playing muonline now, he seens to like it, his charater name is kultz, min dif u help him? just say you are his sister's friend, thx

Therefore we come to the conclusion that kickyourdad is, indeed, a girl.

u never know with the internet. we're still not sure about tuma.

EDIT:update, just found out, the verdit is...both.