Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest drakkenm5

New player , banned during character creation?

Guest drakkenm5

Hello , I just recently download the game eternal lands. This is the first time I've ever played the game. I logged into the game , read the rules. Changed to full screen mode , reloaded. Did the rules again. Clicked the screen where the green text appears. See create character clicked it. Read the three free to play race's information. Chose human , named him Kaliff , and gave a password. I clicked done , and nothing happened. So I clicked done again. I finally see scrolling text , and red then green text saying if new player click the screen to continue. Of course I did , and nothing happened. So I click the done button again. To no avail. I missed the red text so I click it again in order. to try and catch what all the text said (mainly the red) , and I noticed "Connecting to server" "Your Ip has been banned".

So to the point , I was wondering if perhaps my Antivirus is blocking the game or maybe a firewall? I'm not very sure about your error messages. So i've come here to get some help. I'm waiting on my forum name to be activated as well. So in the mean time , if anyone could give me assitance It would truely be appreciated.

Looks like you are on an IP that is to be blocked by the server to keep some persistent rule breakers from the game. Nothing to do with your antivirus, firewall or ISP.

If you do not have a fixed IP address, you can try restarting your router, with a bit of luck you'll get another IP address outside the banned range but there's a good

chance you'll hit the banned range again in the future. Or you can try and get white-listed as described here.

Guest drakkenm5

I wouldnt want to break the other rule of skirting. It doesnt make sense to be banned before i even make a character. The game has never been played here. If It has I'm unaware of it. Thank you for the help , i was hoping it was just an error message. I guess it wasn't. Looks like I'll have to wait til I get validated so that I can post on the ban side.

Sadly its the person who caused the trouble that caused the ban not you - yet you suffer. As Revi suggested - try a reboot of your router see if you get a different Ip address.

Guest Todd Murray

This exact same thing has just happened to me and no one on this IP has ever played or tried to play EL before. The game looks very interesting but now I'm thinking it may not be worth the frustration level.

A lot of ISPs use dynamic IP allocation. That means that you, as a client, do not have a fixed IP address. You get one allocated from a pool, and that allocation is refreshed every so often. And every time your IP allocation is refreshed, yiou can get a different IP address, that doesn't even have to be in the same range.

Two results:

-if a player is that nasty that his IP has to be blocked, very often several IP ranges have to be blocked

- if ever any one else using the same ISP decides (s)he wants to try EL, there's a good chance that person runs into a blocked IP range sooner or later

If rebooting your router doesn't work, you could try to get a character white-listed through a forum PM to Aislinn.

If you have a fixed IP address, you could try and get that address to be unblocked, but better make very sure your IP is static (i.e. never changes, not even after a cold reboot of your router) before trying that

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this