Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GreyElf

Newb can't start fire!

I read the 'firepit' page in wiki but still I am confused. I have some fire essence, wood, frying pan and some raw meat in my inventory. I am beside the firepit outside Desert Pines storage. Do I use the pointy finger and just click on wood then fire essence? (didn't work) Do I drag them to the fire pit? I know I have to 'wear' or 'equip' the frying pan to use it. Then do I just click on the raw meat after the fire is started? Which one of the tools do I use? The info on the EL wiki is not detailed enough for my feeble brain.

Thank you prawnskunk. OK here's how to make fire. (I feel like Tom Hanks in that movie "Cast Away". I MADE FIIIIYAAAR!!)

1. Have at least 50 wood and a few fire essences in inventory.

2. stand near a functioning fire pit.

3. click on the fist tool "use with"

4. click on the number 10 and then on the wood in your inventory window.

5. now click on the firepit. you should get a message that you have placed 10 wood on the firepit.

6. back to the inventory window with the fist tool and click on fire essence. (Oh yea you only need 1 not 10 so double-check that)

7. now click on the firepit. VOILA! (my first try I "used with" for only 1 wood so my fire lasted only 1 or 2 seconds.)

Let's try to cook some meat. First I needed to go back to the Wraith to get a Human Nexus of 2 in order to use the frying pan.

OK here goes ....

Edited by GreyElf

Note that the wiki is NOT part of the official help from EL but a community effort. The EL Newbie FAQ (in-game, ctrl-h) gives answers to your questions on page 2. You can also ask for help in ch 1, much faster than trying the forum.

This being said, I have updated the wiki page and hopefully it is clearer now.

I dont think you need to equip the frying pan, just have it in inventory, and also no need to select 10, you can only USE-WITH one at a time, but will cook 10. I dont have a frying pan to test this with, so have not edited that part of the wiki.

Read the updated wiki page AND the in-game help.

Good luck.

Note that the wiki is NOT part of the official help from EL but a community effort. The EL Newbie FAQ (in-game, ctrl-h) gives answers to your questions on page 2. You can also ask for help in ch 1, much faster than trying the forum.

This being said, I have updated the wiki page and hopefully it is clearer now.

I dont think you need to equip the frying pan, just have it in inventory, and also no need to select 10, you can only USE-WITH one at a time, but will cook 10. I dont have a frying pan to test this with, so have not edited that part of the wiki.

Read the updated wiki page AND the in-game help.

Good luck.

You DO need to equip pan to get the ten cooked meat. You DO NOT have to select 10.

Also use wood logs if you want the fire to last. If your fire only lasted a few seconds, you used branches. Both burn, but logs burn longer. You can also keep putting wood on the fire periodically to keep it going. You don't have to wait for it to go out and then start a new one.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this