Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
starscreamer

Lost & found

<sarcasm>Then how about to strictly enforcing the subjects on @@6: invasion and Lenny. That sounds like the best way to reduce spam there </sarcasm>

It used to be that the accepted way to publish death bags was 1 message in each of @1, @2, @4, with a repeat after 5-7 min.

When @4 got abandoned in favour of @6, I'd expect the DB messages to follow. The idea being that you reach the owners through

the most frequented channels open for general messages and help.

If you're so concerned about spamming on @6, perhaps try and convince some of the more frequent posters to stick to decent

talk (and not like yesterday evening, where Aislinn had to bang her fist on the table to shut up a group of 3-4 players,

whom I won't name here; that was after warnings from other mods that were simply ignored)

<sarcasm>Then how about to strictly enforcing the subjects on @@6: invasion and Lenny. ... </sarcasm>

Pretty much impossible given who one of the largest off-topic offenders is. :rolleyes:

i use @@4 and 2 only aswell...

but would be great if the one who lost stuff knows to look there :rolleyes:

so a post in startup screen would help, but ...

if you drop a bag you are not longer the owner i guess, so no officel help i fear

i use @@4 and 2 only aswell...

but would be great if the one who lost stuff knows to look there :rolleyes:

so a post in startup screen would help, but ...

if you drop a bag you are not longer the owner i guess, so no officel help i fear

New players are in @@1, if you find a newbie bag you should post there.

Non-newbies should know where to look for an honest finder of their bags.

Instead of spamming #6 with lost/found DB's, could a specified channel be made were finder/loosers of said bags could go without bothering the other channels?

The last thing I want to have to explain to an upset newbie that just lost stuff for the first time is that he has to change channels to some place only used for lost and found.

With the limit of only 3 channels and a well functioning ch 1 this suggestions makes no sense whatsoever, and certainly will not help ch 6. If someone posts a bag in 6, which happens on rare occasions DURING INVASIONS, that is actually on-topic. If people post bags there at other times, I will direct them to the appropriate channel(s). The idea that ch 6 is spammed with lost bags made me ROFL.

Edited by Maxine
added quote

Instead of spamming #6 with lost/found DB's, could a specified channel be made were finder/loosers of said bags could go without bothering the other channels?

I'd say that lost/found DB is the least problem of channel 6.