Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BruSu

Item mastery

What would you think of having a sort of mastery for mixed items?

could be something like: you made 100k Srs you get a one level mastery and then they will give 22 ethereal points back -

after having made 250k you get 26 - and whenever you have made 1.000 k you get 30 .

Edited by BruSu

What would you think of having a sort of mastery for mixed items?

could be something like: you made 100k Srs you get a one level mastery and then they will give 22 ethereal points back -

after having made 250k you get 26 - and whenever you have made 1.000 k you get 30 .

The server does not support 'unique' or level based items. In order for anything like this to be implemented the server would have to be tracking how many you made and produce a different item other then an SRS, and they would take additional storage slots as well.

I do not expect that Entropy would want to start adding anything like that any time in the near future.

Maybe he meant that the one who makes 100k SRs, will get 22 mana when he drinks a SRs, so no new items will be needed.

Possibly, but half of what I said still applies. the server would need to track that specific item in detail for every player, and if you do that how many other items will the server need to track?

I kinda like this idea. Wouldn't it be possible to connect it with an existing achievement challenge?

e.g. Master in Minerals Mining, Master in Plants Harvesting, etc.

These are tracked already.

If I understand Brusu's idea correctly, what she proposes is to increase the number of ethereal points given by an srs in relation to the total number of srs's mixed by that player. Its a great idea if you're a mixing srs's for your own benefit, but perhaps not so great if you simply mix srs's to sell them. As such, the appeal of becoming a master mixer is likely to apply more to those who consume rather than mix srs's. If the effect of the incentive is to encourage players who'd otherwise purchase srs's to start mixing their own, then this would then reasonably seem to depress the market for those who mix srs's to sell. Hence, an award which is intended to benefit mixers, may actually work to the disadvantage of all bar a minority.

A solution might be, rather than to increase the ethereal points given by an srs, to increase the number of srs's that can be mixed from a single set of ings. This could be facilitated through a random factor linked to the number of srs's mixed by that player, eg the more srs's that the player has mixed, the greater the chance of getting a random bonus each time another srs is mixed.

Linking to existing achievements relating to mining and plant harving seems completely nonsensical, if only because the latter activities are unrelated to the intended focus of the reward, ie mixing. Whilst I guess you could extend the achievements facility to include mixing of srs's, I don't see any reason to favour srs's over say he's or pof's. Indeed, I guess it could be argued that both of the latter have a wider appeal than srs's.

Edited by themuntdregger

I agree with learner

if you make SRS with 22 EP should be made differen't item

unless you think even if you use the item made for 20 EP you would drink 22

so even if you would make bunch of 22 EP - SRS and sell them they would get only 20 EP but that would mean not weapon mastery but using mastery