Eternal Lands Official Forums
Airmand

Going AFK

Whenever I start up EL, all the text comes up fine and says connecting to server and sits there. Eventually it says going afk, then just gets stuck there. Is there anyway to fix this?

Whenever I start up EL, all the text comes up fine and says connecting to server and sits there. Eventually it says going afk, then just gets stuck there. Is there anyway to fix this?

CTRL+O -> Chat, look for AFK time value there and adjust it, or just type #afk in game to toggle whether you are afk or not.

CTRL+O -> Chat, look for AFK time value there and adjust it, or just type #afk in game to toggle whether you are afk or not.

Srry this is before i even get to the login page. This happens in the console area before the login page. It just sits at connecting to server. If i click or type anything it will take me to login page before it says connected to server.

If I understand you correctly, you need to press any key to get to login screen after it says "Connecting to server..."?

That seems like the normal behaviour, I always do it. I know no way to circumvent that.

If I understand you correctly, you need to press any key to get to login screen after it says "Connecting to server..."?

That seems like the normal behaviour, I always do it. I know no way to circumvent that.

No normally it would say something like "connected to server" with some other green text. But now it just sits at "connecting to server" then says going afk. And if i click and go to the login screen it will let me put all my info in but nothing will happen. It wont join the game. I can go to new character and settings but it wont join the game. And ive let it sit after i hit login as well.

Nvm i guess my internets just too slow here. Let it sit for about 20 minutes and it finally connected but i cant do anything in the game.

Err... 20 minutes and then the client connects to the server?

You might want to think about some other things:

How slow/fast is your comp and what you are running on it too?

Other CPU/bandwidth consuming programs, filesharing tools?

It might be a good idea to close all other programs, that might speed up EL.

You can't do anything in game?

What's your FPS then? zero?

Does your graphics card has 3D support enabled or is it running in software emulation mode?

Does your internet provider maybe has some issues with port 2000?

Like running some anti-virus software, which slows down connections to port 2000?

Just some ideas :)

Piper

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.