Eternal Lands Official Forums
Vanyel

Looking for help

Hey there guys,

we're planning a new, team-based event.

The basic concept is to make it a relay race in a hostile (invasion!) environment. In the same time we would like to encourage you to build some bridges between low a/d and ultra high a/d people.

The idea is pretty simple. We'll want you to create teams of 8 people divided into 4 a/d-based groups (yet to be decided) and then have a race in invaded areas (two-man groups per area). In each of these areas we will set up to 2 check points. As soon as a group (or at least one member of the team) reaches the last of them the next group starts.

To make it doable we'd like to ask you for help. If you have some spare time, answer questions listed below.

1. What 4 a/d ranges would you suggest (starting with a/d 40/40)?

2. What monsters are suitable of each of the ranges you suggsted?

3. Name areas you would want us to use (both insides and outsides, preferably mutlicombat).

4. Should there be any limitations on gear used (remember, there will be prizes only for best 3 teams)?

5. Would you mind if we put some PK (most probably only for mages, though) as the last stage?

6. Would you participate in an event like this?

7. Comments and stuff.

Thanks for your time and help :)

1)maybe something like instance range(40-60,60-80,80-100,100-120,120+)

2)for 60-80s white tigers would be fun and hard,and scarbas :D,maybe some fluffs and feros too. maybe for 40-60 female orcs,male orcs,... other ranges i am not sure

3)good areas,Hmmm..... not sure about that ,sorry(EDIT:maybe a run in votd from NC flag to the smith?not sure tbh)

4)maybe only a thermal serp

5)some pk sounds good to me

6)i would surely go in this event :D

7)i like the idea a lot but i am not sure if it will be easy to hold ppl on the rules and maybe the 40s arent strong enough for this bec they dont have no-fail restoration yet

i hope i commented a bit good : :medieval:

termi

Edited by carolus999

I would love to goto an event like this, my schedule and internet is too wacky though, I bid you good luck, and since I wont be participating, I feel it wouldn't be right to say anything about the things you want .

I would love to goto an event like this, my schedule and internet is too wacky though, I bid you good luck, and since I wont be participating, I feel it wouldn't be right to say anything about the things you want .

Firstly, the event won't take place sooner than in mid-June. Secondly, all help is needed. I'm mostly clueless about levels below 80 and above 100 for the simple reason my a/d is in the 80-100 range for past few years and I hardly grind these days:)

I thought about this type of event before as run by player and too difficult. Fun to design especially if you have control.

Not sure exactly why A/D is factor for there can be those who practice magic / mixing / summoning a lot but not fight, If you can avoid creatures that should be just as good. I suspect lower A/D players will be guild mates or alts of friends. Mixing in invasion may help and hurt. Not sure how you were planning on having invasion monsters opposing teams and what would prevent players from just going there to kill the monsters. It would also interfere with those who just want to normal things in game and not everyone reads forums.

In any kind of race you need to either exclude or allow speed hex potions. Expect higher level A/D teams to need to use Teleport to Range spells and probably will use that in addition to places where needed.

Use of teleport rings could be allowed or disallowed as can portal access as long as you can see invisible players if disallowed.

You also need to be able to deal with friends of team which interfere with opposing teams or those who just want to be Moraths.

In terms of routes I prefer those that connect via non surface ways like thru PV tunnel system to Zirak (very good place since players rarely there), VotD to NC caverns, WV-AA, etc.

If you need help designing it and did not want it public send me a PM.

Agreeing with Termi; 40-60, 60-80, 80-100, 100+

2. What monsters are suitable of each of the ranges you suggested?

I don't know really mobsters pass 40-60...

Trolls, Orcs, Orges, Lepards, armed gobs, maybe an armed orc (for tougher battle)?

3. Name areas you would want us to use (both insides and outsides, preferably mutlicombat).

I can't help too much here, I really don't know multy maps... sorry, I am not a big fighter :) I really think Irsis would be neat, it's hardly used for anything.

4. Should there be any limitations on gear used (remember, there will be prizes only for best 3 teams)?

No idea.... >.>

5. Would you mind if we put some PK (most probably only for mages, though) as the last stage?

Everyone loves a good pk! :P

Everyone loves a good pk! :P

No not everyone does, Either that or there is no good pk.

Maybe there is no good pk? :)

I think that invi pots/spells should be forbidden.

Mobs shoud be from range 10 a/d higher than cap, eg. cap 40-60 monsters 50-70.

So,a very good idea :D

1.I agree with termi about those caps,but not with learg tho..Some players don't have the right build to fight mobs that are 10 lvls above their levels.

2.I wouldn't like to see all of the instance monsters,but some are ok.For lower lvls mobs-Armed gobs,Wemale gobs,Orcs (both male and female),trolls etc..For higher lvls get some of instance and normal mobs..At the finish,would be fun to have some mobs that are 20-30 lvls above :P

3.Hmm,for this one,I suppose we'd need some small areas..So,I think:Nordcarn,EP,SRM..Not sure if they are all MC,but owell.. xD

4.As for me,no.

5.Why not make it a bit spicy? Sure :D

6.Ofc :D

7.A really cool idea,looks like a lot of fun..It will bring something completely new to the EL universe.Looking forward to it. ;)

Edited by RedDevil

I won't tell my ideas in here as I've told you.

Catch you in-game when I'm done with the ideas on my mind about this. :wub:

-Kaddy

Agreeing with Termi; 40-60, 60-80, 80-100, 100+

if you only do 100+ the pr0s like kaddy,mufo,etc will just kill all the mobs easy

so maybe better 100-120 and 120+

maybe at final the team can come together for a real hard mob

like 40-60:meltean

Melts are hard even in 60s-80s instances,do you think 40s-60s ppl would kill it easily?

hmm yeah thats true,maybe another mob,but should be monster that drops something good,but i dont know what it should be

Edited by carolus999

maybe at final the team can come together for a real hard mob

like 40-60:meltean

Melts are hard even in 60s-80s instances,do you think 40s-60s ppl would kill it easily?

you think 60-80s would kill dilimac easily?